NumberSync Failing and Not In Sync With Itself
I had purchased the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier [hereinafter "S3"] via the pre-order, which went well and was shipped quickly. The one issue was that an overlay was preventing from completing the pre-order on a mobile device, but I digress.
The S3 that I ordered and received was the LTE model, with its own phone number.
I was informed that I could use NumberSync to connect the S3 to my LG G5. I went through the steps, using the website and the Samsung app, and it seemed to work just fine.
But after a few days, I noticed some issues. Before I get to those, the watch shows 2 different types of status:
1. No Icon = NumberSync is working, or unit is connected via Bluetooth
2. Watch = Stand-Alone mode with NO NumberSync.
Here's how the issues manifest.
Sometimes the watch whould show NO ICON [NumberSync working], and I would receive a text. I would then write a reply and SEND. But when I try to send, I get a warning message that NumberSync and Backup are NOT ACTIVE, and that I need to make those active. The message I was trying to send would never be sent.
Sometimes the watch would show NO ICON, and I would later learn that I missed a very important call or text, because the phone was in the other room, and I was relying on the idea that NumberSync was a service that actually worked.
Sometimes the WATCH ICON would appear [No NumberSync / Stand-Alone] and then disappear. I'd get texts at random times telling me that NumberSync had been turned on. I never got texts indicating that it was turned off.
The website and watch would tell conflicting stories, with the website saying that NumberSync was ON and the watch saying that NumberSync was OFF.
By now, you get the general idea. The bottom line is that NumberSync was not reliable and consistent, difficult to predict, and ultimately useless.
MY EFFORTS TO FIX THIS
I first called 611 and spoke with someone about this. We did two factory resets. This was painful, because I would then have to go through setup again, re-do Samsung Pay, re-upload my images, and spend 2 hours re-uploading my music to the watch [4GB of storage]. We spent over 90 minutes working on this, and eventually it appeared to be working again. The more she giggled during the call, the more upset I got.
But the next day, the NumberSync went away from about 9:30am to about 4:00pm. I let that go, but it kept having problems and was again unreliable.
I went to my AT&T store, and this slick guy at the door pawned me off to an 800 number [(800) 801-1101]. He said I might need to exchange the device, and said they didn't have the device in the store. Leave it to AT&T to NOT have any new devices in the store, ever.
I called the 800 number and spent over 90 minutes [again] with this guy, where we did ONE factory reset. Again, most painful. In the end, we both determined that it was probably not the device, and instead was the NumberSync service itself. He said he asked a few people, and discovered that some "higher-ups" had determined this to be a more wide-spread issue, and that they were going to write a master ticket for it and attach my ticket to it.
I asked for a ticket number, and he said it would be texted or emailed to me within three  hours.
LET THE LIES BEGIN
I never got the text or email regarding my ticket. I let six more days go by, and during this time NumberSync was being as unreliable as usual. I finally called and got another rep. I told her that I was supposed to get a ticket number, but did not, and I wanted an update on the status of the NumberSync network issue. She said that she was unaware of this and put me on hold.
She came back and said, "I will call you back within 10 to 15 minutes."
Over an hour passed, and I received a text from an associate. Tried to respond on the watch and got the same error message, and the message did not send. The "10 to 15 minutes" promise was clearly the second lie told, so I decided that each lie should be punished accordingly.
I called the 611 number and I cancelled the number for the S3, and also cancelled service for my iPad. I made it clear that if AT&T lies to me again, I'll cut off one of my three cell phones. Each time they lie, I make another cut.
The woman from the 800 number calls me TWO HOURS after I cut these lines, and THREE HOURS after her "10 to 15 minutes" promise. She blamed the higher-ups for "not getting back to me quickly enough," and then told me that "they needed additional information."
They needed additional information? THEN WHY DID THEY NOT CALL ME TO ASK FOR THIS NEEDED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? They were just going to sit there and see if I called back? Plus, I'd spent over THREE HOURS trying to deal with this issue, and a massive amount of information was exchanged, so WHAT INFORMATION did they need?
I told her to not worry about it because I cut the cord on the S3 and would not be giving AT&T any more money related to NumberSync until they could resolve the issue. It was sounding like she was about to get snotty with me, so I hung up on her.
IF AT&T READS THIS, HERE'S MY DEAL:
I really WANT to use NumberSync with my S3. I want it to work. I NEED it to be reliable, as MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON IT.
If you can fix NumberSync, prove to me [or assure me] that it is working, then I am willing to re-activate my S3's number and give it another shot.
BUT HERE IS A WARNING: Lie to me, pawn me off, or waste my time and money again, and a line will get cut. I will keep cutting lines until I am no longer a customer. But maybe you want me to go away, and consider it an "acceptable loss." Just don't bring up uVerse or DirecTV, because I'm not a fool. If you can't handle NumberSync, then I will not put forth more money and time in exchange for additional frustration due to incompetence.
EDIT: My initial post got rejected for "a bad word." It wasn't even profanity.