gstrohl's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:43 PM

Locker Storage Support Needed

Hi, I am a past AT&T customer who signed up for Locker cloud storage during one of the 50GB plan promotions after I closed my account.  I have been actively using the account. However today in attempting to reset my password I was locked out and was prompted to select from one of the customer support links at www.att.com/contactus/

I have talked to customer service at both Internet and Wireless services as well as tech support at Wireless Services. No one can help me without an AT&T account. No one knows who to contact since the account was setup by a third party service outside AT&T.  Can someone here help me?

Much appreciated, Gerry

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

7 y ago

Sorry, no. AT&T locker is for customers only. I don't know when you left AT&T service, but your locker should discontinue your access shortly after you leave.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Hi lizdance,

Thanks for your reply.

The fact that I had an AT&T account is independent of having a Locker account. AT&T offers Locker storage to non-Mobile Share users and non-AT&T customers as evidenced by the footnote regarding Mobile Share customers here: https://locker.att.net/app/#welcome 

" *50 GB of storage available to other customers by following the same steps."

I acquired my Locker account legitimately through a special AT&T promotion well after I closed my AT&T wireless account.  The natural response from customer service is, "What is your wireless account information."  No one knows how to support non-AT&T wireless Locker customers.  Can anyone please point me to Locker support either online or by phone?

Thanks again for your response.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Just to document future assistance to those in this situation, I found a potential lead for AT&T customer service in this recent post in the Wireless Forum:

Looking for AT&T Customer Support?

Go to the section: " Three - Contact AT&T Customer Service" and select the link there to spawn a private message to ATTMobilityCare.

Be sure to include your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue!

I will post here any resolution to this issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Update: I want to thank Danny, Social Media Manager, for contacting me to offer assistance.

Earlier, I sent a private message to ATTMobilityCare who responded that I contact the Web Assistance Center at 1-877-273-2728. Unfortuantely, the representative said he couldn't help without a AT&T account (wireless, U-verse, etc). According to everyone I have talked to its virtually unheard of to have a Locker account without either an AT&T wireless or internet account – without which there is no way for customer service to use their tools to assist.  

On a wild chance I called the WIreless Department (again) at 1-877-312-5550. This time I got a representative who researched it and forwarded me to Tech Support.  There Laura confirmed that my account no longer had an email, phone or username associated with the account (truely, lost in the clouds. Hence, why I could not reset the password online).  She created a work order for an inside technician to look at it.  That was 03/03/2015.

I called yesterday for an update and was told they have identified the root cause for account access issues. I was told it would be the afternoon of 03/11/2015 before it's due for completion.  I will update on the outcome of the tech support effort.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.