Get the myAT&T app
Cabers's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 24th, 2014 2:39 AM

Is there A SINGLE AT&T employee capable of helping?

I have been an ATT customer for 25 years and I am ready to leave. 

Early October I lost my home phone number, a land line, I called within a week to get the problem resolved. The first time I called I was handed around to several departments until someone finally said they would have the problem fixed ASAP. I spoke to 4 agents. 

A couple of weeks later, we still had not recieved our phone number - a number associated with this household ever since it had a phone. Called again, and was handed around AGAIN. Until finally we were told that they would send someone to our house to resolve the issue and reinstall our phone number. I spoke to 3 agents.  

I stayed home from work waiting for ATT to come. They never showed up, I have proof that they arrived on the incorrect day. They showed up the next day BUT I was at work. They left a note saying that they were unable to connect the number because I was not home. REALLY?!

I called a third time and was passed around again, AND found out that there was no record of any of our previous calls. I wound up with an agent who was just rude. I explained that the phone was disconnected and she said she had to hang-up on me in order to call the number I claimed was not working in order to hear it for herself before helping us. Guess what? I wasn't lying. I then requested that I be sent to retention. The agent told me that was an easy fix and he claimed he would fix it within the hour. Big surprise it wasn't fixed. 3 Agents.

A few more weeks passed with no phone and I called again. I immediately went to retention and told my story. THIS time I got a name, I spoke to a Texas rep named Derail, he was very apologetic - as they all had been. I realized this time how little AT&T had been doing to help us. They hadn't even recorded the phone number we'd been requesting back. He put me on hold and found out how to get our specific number back, he then scheduled an appointment for someone to come by our house to reinstall our number. I was told he would call me back the next morning to update me. The call never came. 

Today was the day of our appointment. I called yesterday to ensure that our account had the appoinment scheduled. It did. I called again this morning to remind them that we had an appointment. I called again at 6 to see if we were going to be helped, I was assured we would be. Then I called at 7:45PM (8PM, I'm told, is the cutt-off for appointments) but the office was closed. 

I still don't have my phone number. I don't believe AT&T is even capable of handling this situation. And I'm ready to switch services if the problem isn't resolved within this month. 

Maybe AT&T's training shouldn't be so focused on "understanding" and apologizing but more on becoming competent in the work. I have called the number found on AT&T's site, but the employees are all useless.

Do I have ANY other options? Is there another number I can call? WHAT CAN I DO?! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

You are posting in the cellular forum, not Uverse.

Are you in a state, like connecticut, that was sold to Frontier in October?

Have they an explanation for why your phone line went out?

Since its been out 2 months, have you spoke to billing? You should NOT pay for service you haven't recieved and should have your bill credited for phone service for every day it is out, until restored.
Perhaps billing can light a fire under service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

There wasn't a forum specifically for home phone landline, I don't have a UVerse account. (I've spoken to them as well.) 

I'm in Texas. I do not believe it was sold to frontier here. 

We originally lost the line because we missed a payment. It was payed within a week, just negligence on my side. So they came out and disconnected it. 

We are not paying for it. We just want it back, they removed it easily enough. 

I just can't seem to get a hold of anyone capable of helping. IT is so frustrating. 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, Cabers!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with a disconnected landline. We would be happy to get this straightened out for you, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.