AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
crkkuczek

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Sat, Jan 25, 2014 6:56 PM

Is it possible to add my name to one of our family plan cell phone numbers?

Hello.  I have a family plan with my father and whenever I call anyone on their land line, my father's name appears on the caller ID.  I know this happens because my father is the main account holder.  Is it possible to attach my name to the cell phone number and not put myself on the account?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

logo412

Guru

• 

450 Messages

7 years ago

Hi crkkuczek,

Your father can absoluetly call in and have your name added to your line. He can call into customer care and say he needs to update the caller ID profile for your number.

Keep in mind that although AT&T's system will be updated right away with your caller ID, it can take time for other carriers to update their database. Larger companies (such as Comcast, Verizon, Time Warner) update once a week, where some local companies may do it monthly.

Hope this helps!

crkkuczek

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

That is great news.  Thank you very much for the information.  I will see about getting this done.  Is it possible to go to a corporate store and get this done?

logo412

Guru

• 

450 Messages

7 years ago

Yes you can visit any Corporate Store and have it done.

You may have to say you need to change the name on the line as different locations call it different things.

crkkuczek

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Okay.  Thank you. 🙂

Get started...

Ask a new question