Get the myAT&T app
Lori1718's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 16th, 2023 2:16 AM

iPhone 6s needs to be unlocked

I have an old ATT iPhone 6s that I have not used for years that I want to get unlocked. I am no longer with ATT. I tried the unlock request but get an email that it can’t be completed because “we’re missing some information “. I tried calling the help number and they weren’t able to do anything since they couldn’t pull up my account since it’s so old. They told me to go to an ATT store and that they would be able to help me but they also were not able to help. I have no idea what to do now since I can’t get help through the request form, over the phone or in person!?!  Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

1 year ago

If the phone is that old, and hasn't been used for years, the IMEI has probably been purged from AT&T's database. Even taking it to a Corporate Store (not a Retail Store) probably won't work either because of the IMEI number. Not sure what you can do other than wipe the phone clean and try a SIM from another provider?

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

You own the phone, you paid for it - AT&T has a legal obligation to unlock it! It is not theirs to keep locked. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

1 year ago

If the phone hasn't been used on AT&Ts network for years, and the IMEI has been purged, then a complaint filed with the BBB might be what needs to be done.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.