Get the myAT&T app
ColoradoTraveler's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 1st, 2023 10:08 PM

International Day Pass - incoming calls

While using the International Day Pass, will callers from US numbers be charged for calls to my US number?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

4 months ago

@DzuGi 

So, as I understood, for $10/day you will get internet usage (if there is a coverage at all) and you can call US numbers and nothing else.

No.  That is not correct.  With international day pass you can use your phone just as you would in the United States. You can call any country that is covered by international day pass You can call the United States, France, Germany, Russia, China, and 210 other countries.  You can also text those countries. And you can use data to the limits of your domestic plan just as you would in the United States.  (The only country that I know is not covered is Cuba. Cuba has no roaming agreement with any US service provider)

You will be charged if calling any other number than US number, same as using roaming option or more?

No, incorrect

What is the real benefit of AT&T's passport than?

AT&T No longer offers passport. This is the replacement roaming plan.  Passport was a roaming option that had limited services. There was a fixed amount of data that was separate from your American data plan. There was free texting but phone calls were usually limited to a set number of minutes.

Maybe it is just for the people that are working abroad and need to contact businesses in United States?

It's for anyone who likes to travel and wants to use their USA number and access talk, text and data the same as they would in the United States for a low fixed charge.

Also for people who would like to have the safety net of international use if they absolutely need it. But would not necessarily want to pay a fee up front and then not use it. Which I have done when I have paid for passport and then not use the service.  With your phone in airplane mode, or just by turning data roaming off and not answering phone calls you can avoid the daily charge. And incoming text messages are free.

Please read up on international day pass. If you still have questions feel free to ask. 

https://www.att.com/international/day-pass/

So far you're feedback indicates you do *not* understand how it works.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.