For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
KarenCo's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, April 5th, 2019 12:48 AM

Insurance allowed us to replace phone which causing more issues. How to file complaint?

My replacement phone was even worse than before. So I asked warranty people to send a brand new phone which they agreed. When the phone came, I realized it is NOT a brand new phone. I tried to talk to different people in different departments. Nobody seemed care about what had happened....lies on sending a brand new phone, fake name/ID provided, denying there are brand new phones for replacement, etc, etc....after spending hours on the phone with people and departments, I was told that I have to send messages/stores online so that I could get somebody's attention. Here I am, trying to get attention and resolution. Can I just have an email address that I could file a complaint? Any tips, suggestions? I need it badly!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

You seem very knowledgeable...just please explain to me: why a company's employees would say something which is not even their policy? Not just one person. Don't you think it is weird??? They need to be trained to say it loud to their customers, don't you think? I need your comments on that!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Who bought whom is not the point. The point is repaired phones should never be reused. Because its not stable and reusable. That is only going to ruin Apple's reputation. The place that I have been calling is a disaster! Apple needs to do something about it. A total disaster!!!

And yet Asurion, Assurant and every manufacturer does warranty and insurance with refurbished phones or parts as well as new.

I was told by numberous people from those calls that I have made including a sale guy at the store that they do send out new phones by insurance. If the supervisors told me there are brand new phones they have sent out for replacement, I would choose what they have told me and promised me. Its just that simple!!

And sometimes the do.   But that’s not how the agreement is worded and that’s not what you signed up for.  ‘Sale guy at the store’ ?   Who works for AT&T, not Asurion right?  I guess he didn’t read either.

You seem very knowledgeable...just please explain to me: why a company's employees would say something which is not even their policy? Not just one person. Don't you think it is weird??? They need to be trained to say it loud to their customers, don't you think? I need your comments on that!!!!

Which company are you referring to?  Asurion is the insurance provider and is not At&t, they have their own policies.  Warranty is handled under the policy of each manufacturer.  Apple, for example, does not allow At&t to do warranty exchange on new/original devices at all.   Insurance replacement is warranted for 1 year, but not with a new phone ever, as the one being replaced is most certainly not new. 

And I already covered the inaccuracy of sugar-coated responses using the term “new” when they should say ‘replacement ‘ which is the only accurate term.   This is a common complaint.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Replacement-phone/m-p/1106669#M108063

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that you had your say, customers duly warned:

I do not, never have, never will use insurance or extended warranty.   The price for Value is out of proportion, even with phones in the $1,000 price range.   Unless one is high prone to losing, damaging phones, it’s not fiscally prudent.   Insurance is designed as a for profit business.  About $100 a year in premiums, and deductibles up to $300.   They are not going to profit unless they send out replacements that cost less than premiums and deductibles paid in.   

When your phone fails, you send it in in exchange.   Where do you think it goes?   It’s scavenged for parts of course.    

20 years and all the devices I’ve had with Verizon and At&t I have saved over $5,000 just in premiums and have only had 3 phones lost, damaged or failed.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I am HUGELY – ENORMOUSLY - IMMENSELY – MASSIVELY - … DISAPOINTED with AT&T for the phone insurance offered by them and administered by Asurion. I clearly did not read the fine print. I did not know my iPhone was going to be replaced with a refurbished model by a company (ValuTech) who is not Apple certified. It is not a question about the functioning of the phone. Rather, it is about the decreased value of the phone and the fact that Apple will no longer provide any support to me for this phone. I believe it is criminal I was not informed of how the AT&T phone insurance program really works before I purchased it. The phone value was significantly decreased by replacing it with a non-Apple certified refurbished phone. I can no longer go to the Apple Store or call Apple with support questions as they will not provide support to a phone user who has a refurbished phone from a non-Apple certified company. Also, I can not participate in any Apple sponsored trade in programs because (you guessed it) Apple does recognized the condition of this device. Finally, and most importantly, by accepting a non-Apple certified refurbished phone I believe AT&T is putting me a great personnel and financial risk. How do I know what kind of parts ValuTech uses? The answer is simple – I don’t!! There could be hidden spyware, malware or goodness whatever trojan or other malicious code hidden in this phone. I will definitely be dropping this issuance and warning others how HUGELY – ENORMOUSLY - IMMENSELY – MASSIVELY - … DISAPOINTED I am…
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.