Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 12:48 AM

Insurance allowed us to replace phone which causing more issues. How to file complaint?

My replacement phone was even worse than before. So I asked warranty people to send a brand new phone which they agreed. When the phone came, I realized it is NOT a brand new phone. I tried to talk to different people in different departments. Nobody seemed care about what had happened....lies on sending a brand new phone, fake name/ID provided, denying there are brand new phones for replacement, etc, etc....after spending hours on the phone with people and departments, I was told that I have to send messages/stores online so that I could get somebody's attention. Here I am, trying to get attention and resolution. Can I just have an email address that I could file a complaint? Any tips, suggestions? I need it badly!!!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.6K Messages

a year ago

Neither warranty or insurance provide a new phone for the asking.  If Asurion sent a bad phone, you should have complained to them immediately.  

You can complain as many times as it takes to get a good phone.  

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

I have talked to extensive group of people on the phone a few days and today. A few told me that you do send out new replacement phones by chance. I expected a brand new phone because I was told that it was going to be sent. Why did he do it if it is not even your company policy? Why did even other people that I have talked with say yes when I asked if you do send out new replacement phones. Even the last person who was referred as the one I can file complaint with said its case by case. But even she did not deny your policy for brand new phone replacement. I need to have your company call me and explain why there are different stories on one simple answer. The management is still hiding behind the scene and pretend that nothing has happened???? Have anyone from the management listened to all calls?? That needs to be done to find out what exactly happened. Thank you for finding out more truth and get back to me please!!!!  --Angry customer

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

We are seriously considering to switch to others. Your guys are simply NOT competent. Bad way to do business. 

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

a year ago

The insurance is not through AT&T and has nothing to do with AT&T. It is a company that works with ALL of the cellular providers to insure cell phones. AT&T has no control over Asurion and their policies.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.6K Messages

a year ago

(Sigh)

@KarenCo wrote:

I have talked to extensive group of people on the phone a few days and today.  Asurion?  

A few told me that you   WHO?   This is a customer populated forum, you did not speak to a customer.   

do send out new replacement phones by chance.  Chance, not request.  And many times they only look new.  

I expected a brand new phone because I was told that it was going to be sent.   By Asurion.  At&t is not Asurion, does not own or in partnership with Asurion.  Asurion is the only full coverage provider and works through all carriers.  

Why did he do it if it is not even your company policy?   Do what, and whose policy?   Asurion?   

Why did even other people that I have talked with say yes when I asked if you do send out new replacement phones.  Still working on the WHO.  

And it may be a common saying.  My son just got a “new” car.  New to him.  Does not change the agreement in which Asurion says it may be new or refurbished.  

Even the last person who was referred as the one I can file complaint with said its case by case. But even she did not deny your policy  not my company, not my policy. for brand new phone replacement.   Does not exist, there is no such policy.  

I need to have your company   Again, ⬆️ COMMUNITY, not AT&T. call me and explain why there are different stories on one simple answer.   You will not get a call based on a post here, you are anonymous here.  

The management is still hiding behind the scene and pretend that nothing has happened????  Management of Asurion?   

Have anyone from the management listened to all calls?? That needs to be done to find out what exactly happened. Thank you for finding out more truth and get back to me please!!!!  --Angry customer

This was an Asurion fail, you should have delt with them immediately if the phone was faulty.   At&t provides a back up warranty after an insurance replacement.   Neither Asurion or AT&T warranty says you get a new phone.  

https://www.att.com/offers/device-protection.html

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1044996?gsi=4dc324

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

Are you a customer if I may ask?

All I am trying to do is to let other customers know at&t and it's related bad service. Let people know not to buy their insurance. They don't do good service as Apple would. They sent you a repaired phone which will have more issues than the one replaced.

The call centers that I have dealt with were the worst that I have ever experienced in my entire life!!! Unprofessional, no guidelines, everyone just say whatever on top of their head, the call center managers don't seem care if you complain. They cut you off, have you wait on call forever, don't call you back as agreed, I can go on and on...it's a mess!
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.6K Messages

a year ago

@KarenCo  

Asurion is the insurance provider for all carriers.  

Applecare + is purchased through Apple.  

Applecare has always been a better value.  Until last fall it was limited to extended warranty, but now can provide full loss coverage.  

Here is the policy provided by Apple through Assurant. 

Notice it does not state parts or replacements will only be new.   

https://support.apple.com/applecare/iphone

https://assurantdeviceclaim.com/media/2231348/TX_Purchased-After-9112018-Rev.pdf

Hardware Coverage
If you submit a valid claim by notifying us that a defect in materials and workmanship has arisen in the Covered Device or the capacity of the Covered Device’s battery to hold an electrical charge is less than eighty percent (80%) of its original specifications (“Hardware Coverage”), we will either:
(a) repair the defect at no charge, using new parts or parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; or
(b) exchange the Covered Device, with a replacement product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

a year ago

Forget what they told you over the phone. Here are the terms of Asurion: "Claims may be fulfilled with new or
AT&T Certified Restored equipment, which is previously opened, and/or used (which may be refurbished or remanufactured, and may contain original or non-original replacement parts) of the same model or other models of like kind and quality." Anyone at Asurion who promises to get you a new phone over a certified/refurbished phone is wrong. The only way you're guaranteed to get a new phone is buying one as an upgrade.

And once again, AT&T and Asurion are two different companies.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

Who bought whom is not the point. The point is repaired phones should never be reused. Because its not stable and reusable. That is only going to ruin Apple's reputation. The place that I have been calling is a disaster! Apple needs to do something about it. A total disaster!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

I was told by numberous people from those calls that I have made including a sale guy at the store that they do send out new phones by insurance. If the supervisors told me there are brand new phones they have sent out for replacement, I would choose what they have told me and promised me. Its just that simple!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

You seem very knowledgeable...just please explain to me: why a company's employees would say something which is not even their policy? Not just one person. Don't you think it is weird??? They need to be trained to say it loud to their customers, don't you think? I need your comments on that!!!!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.6K Messages

a year ago

Who bought whom is not the point. The point is repaired phones should never be reused. Because its not stable and reusable. That is only going to ruin Apple's reputation. The place that I have been calling is a disaster! Apple needs to do something about it. A total disaster!!!

And yet Asurion, Assurant and every manufacturer does warranty and insurance with refurbished phones or parts as well as new.

I was told by numberous people from those calls that I have made including a sale guy at the store that they do send out new phones by insurance. If the supervisors told me there are brand new phones they have sent out for replacement, I would choose what they have told me and promised me. Its just that simple!!

And sometimes the do.   But that’s not how the agreement is worded and that’s not what you signed up for.  ‘Sale guy at the store’ ?   Who works for AT&T, not Asurion right?  I guess he didn’t read either.

You seem very knowledgeable...just please explain to me: why a company's employees would say something which is not even their policy? Not just one person. Don't you think it is weird??? They need to be trained to say it loud to their customers, don't you think? I need your comments on that!!!!

Which company are you referring to?  Asurion is the insurance provider and is not At&t, they have their own policies.  Warranty is handled under the policy of each manufacturer.  Apple, for example, does not allow At&t to do warranty exchange on new/original devices at all.   Insurance replacement is warranted for 1 year, but not with a new phone ever, as the one being replaced is most certainly not new. 

And I already covered the inaccuracy of sugar-coated responses using the term “new” when they should say ‘replacement ‘ which is the only accurate term.   This is a common complaint.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Replacement-phone/m-p/1106669#M108063

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that you had your say, customers duly warned:

I do not, never have, never will use insurance or extended warranty.   The price for Value is out of proportion, even with phones in the $1,000 price range.   Unless one is high prone to losing, damaging phones, it’s not fiscally prudent.   Insurance is designed as a for profit business.  About $100 a year in premiums, and deductibles up to $300.   They are not going to profit unless they send out replacements that cost less than premiums and deductibles paid in.   

When your phone fails, you send it in in exchange.   Where do you think it goes?   It’s scavenged for parts of course.    

20 years and all the devices I’ve had with Verizon and At&t I have saved over $5,000 just in premiums and have only had 3 phones lost, damaged or failed.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

I am HUGELY – ENORMOUSLY - IMMENSELY – MASSIVELY - … DISAPOINTED with AT&T for the phone insurance offered by them and administered by Asurion. I clearly did not read the fine print. I did not know my iPhone was going to be replaced with a refurbished model by a company (ValuTech) who is not Apple certified. It is not a question about the functioning of the phone. Rather, it is about the decreased value of the phone and the fact that Apple will no longer provide any support to me for this phone. I believe it is criminal I was not informed of how the AT&T phone insurance program really works before I purchased it. The phone value was significantly decreased by replacing it with a non-Apple certified refurbished phone. I can no longer go to the Apple Store or call Apple with support questions as they will not provide support to a phone user who has a refurbished phone from a non-Apple certified company. Also, I can not participate in any Apple sponsored trade in programs because (you guessed it) Apple does recognized the condition of this device. Finally, and most importantly, by accepting a non-Apple certified refurbished phone I believe AT&T is putting me a great personnel and financial risk. How do I know what kind of parts ValuTech uses? The answer is simple – I don’t!! There could be hidden spyware, malware or goodness whatever trojan or other malicious code hidden in this phone. I will definitely be dropping this issuance and warning others how HUGELY – ENORMOUSLY - IMMENSELY – MASSIVELY - … DISAPOINTED I am…
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…