Inclement Weather - Be Prepared
With the recent storms, we wanted to make sure everyone is prepared. Communication is a crucial during times like these and it is important to have your devices ready.
Make sure to:
- Charge your phone.
- Wrap it in a zip lock bag to help protect it from the elements.
- Conserve power - if your home or area loses power, use your devices sparingly. Consider text messaging.
- Using data is a big battery drain so reminder to avoid streaming video and things to save power.
- Keep your family updated - create a communication plan.
- If you have Family Map (now becoming secure family), prepare and log into it now.
- Take advantage of location-based mapping technology.
- Keep non-emergency calls to a minimum, and limit your calls to the most important ones.
- If you are fortunate and have internetl, using Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Calling can also help you stay connected and save power.
- For more preparedness information, click here.
- Be informed - visit https://www.ready.gov.
Get Text Updates of Weather Related Issues. Check here for a list of text options.
Emergency Contacts On Your Lock Screen & Health Information
Knowing who to contact during emergencies and having your medical information readily available is important. Click here to learn how for your device.
What if I had an existing appointment during a weather event?
We are always doing everything we can to ensure your services are up and running as quickly as possible. Due to outside factors though, such as weather, there may be delays or changes to your appointment or repairs. We want to ensure that you are satisfied with your service, but we also want to ensure the safety of our employees and others, so we may postpone appointments until conditions are safe to travel and work. We apologize for any delays as we take these precautions.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService