Get the myAT&T app
Hostages's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 10:52 PM

Hidden access fee

I am a long time att customer, I am a senior citizen.'i was on an out dated plan. Recently I ran into problems with overage and spoke with many people and they got me on a plus one? Plan for 75$ plus taxes. Never was there mention of a 20$ access fee. Now I can afford the 20$ that is not my issue. Visual voice mail didn't even know what that meant. I spoke with att rep about it and my understanding is that no not being charged for that it's included the 20$ $ is for the privilege of using my phone. What? Otherwise  I just pay them 75$ a month for a paid off phone that I can't use. That's exactly how it went . Again it's not the charge it was a the way they go about it and don't include it in basic monthly charge. My privilege? Just include it and don't make it silly.

I guess that's the end of my rant thanks for the format for it

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

This is not a hidden charge.

All devices have an access fee, tied to its phone number.  Your old plan had a line fee also.  Look at your old bill.  The phone number is listed next to the line access fee.

All postpaid  plans are ala carte.  1.  Data plan.  2.   Line fees.   3. Device payments.   4. Taxes.

If you have multiple devices a phone number and access fee is assigned to each.  Someone with 5 lines pays for 5 access fees at $20 each.   

Prepaid services are single line and the line fee and data plan are combined into one charge.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

All I would like to see is full disclosure from att  a 75$ plan should be just that I find there is an additional fee include it in basic quotes. Setting up this plan included no mention of the access fee ever. I would not have flinched had they simply stated your plan is 100$ a month + taxes

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.