Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
X

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 7:20 PM

HBO Max offer via email

So... on November 25th, I get an email from AT&T stating:

"Hi Mary,

Great news! HBO Max is now available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire Tablet devices. Now there are even more ways to stream over 10,000 hours of entertainment, all at no additional charge with your wireless plan."

Gee.  That's terrific.  However... after following ALL directions, I could not log in.  I then went to AT&T web site to find out why?  After spending FAR too much time trying to figure out what was going on, I determined that my current wireless plan does NOT qualify for HBO Max streaming on my FireStick.  Hmmmmm.  So... does AT&T just fire these off to everyone and hope we will all spend even more money to change our service?  Or does AT&T just fire these off to everyone as it has no way of managing accounts to confirm one has the proper plan?  Guess I should know.  Worked for AT&T Wireless for nine years.  Gone a long time now... but service has only worsened.  Sad.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

The purpose of the email was to announce the availability of the HBO Max app on Amazon devices. Yes, it was poorly worded and should not have been sent to everyone but obviously they hoped customers that don’t have a qualifying plan would upgrade. That email was like 2 weeks ago, it’s already old news. To bad you didn’t check here first so you wouldn’t have wasted your time.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Actually, sandblaster, my purpose was to hopefully make AT&T Wireless at least aware of their lack of consideration in sending out fraudulent information.  And yes, I'm sure they were hopeful folks would spend more money.  However, with an inability to provide feedback to AT&T Wireless (only chat and call options... and I am not chewing out some poor Customer Service Rep for something they are not responsible for), this seemed my only option.  Guess I could rate them somewhere... but that's not necessary.  All wireless companies have more than enough ratings already.  Oh... and checking here would likely have taken about the same amount of time.  Not easy to locate specifics.  Have a lovely holiday season.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

my purpose was to hopefully make AT&T Wireless at least aware of their lack of consideration in sending out fraudulent information

Like I said, you’re about two weeks late. Plenty of others posted similar comments when the email came out. Plus, seeing as this is a customer to customer forum with very light participation by ATT, unlikely anyone that matters will see this or any of the previous posts. You have a lovely holiday season as well.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question