Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
C

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 15th, 2021 8:43 PM

Have received suspicious call

+1(855)xxx-xxxx called on the 14th this month (December 2021) and left no voicemail. I did not answer even though the caller ID said it was AT&T, because AT&T has never called before. The part about not leaving a voicemail is very suspicious. Is there a way to find out if it is a real AT&T number or a fake?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Even if that is an ATT number, the number could have been spoofed meaning it wasn’t actually from ATT. Very unlikely the call was from ATT, it was probably a scam call.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you I believe you are right.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 months ago

Received a call from (855) 419-7365, let it go to VM.  The message was that requested password reset, security question or account update was completed & to call 1-800-288-2020 if I did not authorize any changes.  The number they gave me is an AT&T #, however.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

11 months ago

@ScottSall  As mentioned in the reply 2 years ago, that number was probably spoofed and not really from AT&T. Don't call or respond. If you have any questions or doubt, call the AT&T number on their website and ask.

1 Message

10 months ago

People making this comment and they don't know what they are talking about! 855.419.7365 is 100% a valid ATT Loyalty number!!!

• 

94 Messages

10 months ago

No, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Caller IDs can be spoofed, just like sandblaster already said.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 months ago

@mestapho Even if that’s a valid number, the number could be spoofed and the call not actually from that number. That’s the point. Nobody said that wasn’t a valid number.

1 Message

7 months ago

I was just on the AT&T / Direct TV website getting my account number when my phone rang and it was this scam #(855) 419-7365 claiming to be AT&T. Now how did they have access to the fact I was on the website ?  

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 months ago

More than likely a coincidence. Don't answer the call from that number. They will eventually go away and try someone else, unless you previously talked to them or gave them any information. If that's the case, they know they have a "live one" and will keep bugging you. If in doubt, just call AT&T directly.

• 

6 Messages

6 months ago

Today is Mon, 11/20/2023.  I lost the DSL Broadband signal coming to the house last Thursday, so I called AT&T today at (800) 288-2020 to schedule a tech appointment, and as I was talking to the service representative, I got an incoming call from (855) 419-7365.  I didn't answer it because we were busy troubleshooting the Gateway router, but it was weird as heck.  If it was AT&T, then why were they calling in the middle of another AT&T call, and if it wasn't AT&T, then how in the heck did they know I was talking to them, and that it would be a good time to try and scam me?  Very suspicious.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.