Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
L

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 10:19 PM

Grandfathered Plan Switched Without Consent

I was one of the customers AT&T gave Unlimited Nationwide Talk to after years of beingnon a rollover plan. Then AT&T switched my plan in error, yet failed to reinstate this frature from 2015 that I was given. I have had the same plan since 2008 or 2009. How do I get this feature back since it was lost through no fault of ny own. I feel like AT&T is trying to force me off of my Grandfathered plan by screwing with my minutes and trying to charge me overages. 

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42.3K Messages

2 months ago

What plan were you switched to and when? ATT hasn’t had overages for minutes in many years. All ATT plans have been unlimited talk and text since the first Mobile Share plans were introduced in 2013. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

My plan predates mobil share. It is a plan that has a stand alone unlimited data plan with a nationwide rollover plan and unlimited texts. When AT&T phased out the Nationwide rollover plans they upgraded customers to unlimited nationwide talk plans at no additional cost. I was scheduled to be switched to a Premiere or Elite unlimited plan in 2018, but canceled the order 2 weeks before it was to take effect. The rep that canceled the order did not complete the cancellation, and canceled the order but left my service open to disconnect my old services on the effective date of the order. I ended up with no service because when AT&T took me off the old services no services were in place to replace them, as the order was cancelled, though incompletely. At&T took a week and a half to put my plan back, yet it took weeks to get it corrected because I kept getting kicked off the network as if I had no service. When AT&T restored  the features they failed to add the upgrade back, which essentially put me back on a rollover plan that can subject me to per minute charges. I have been arguing with AT&T ever since December of 2018 when I started getting texts about exceeding my voice plan. AT&T gave me credits for months of overages because they knew something was wrong but would not admit fault. I am still going at it with AT&T. My issues is with AT&T making an error yet doing nothing to correct it, and then making me work like mad to resolve it. AT&T acts like its my fault and they don’t have to do anything to correct it. I started in customer service, then “Loyalty Department” and finally the “Office of the President” where the rep Diana Pon out right lied in her responses to my State Attorney General and FCC complaints to close each, which forced me to resubmit the complaints. This company is unbelievable. 

Get started...

Ask a new question