Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 3, 2018 3:26 PM

"Free" HBO with unlimited data plans

I'm curious. Has anyone actually got the free HBO with their unlimited data plans. After 3 months of going back and forth with AT&T and DirecTv, none of my phone numbers have been able to access the free HBO.  It's infuriating when you keep getting pushed from one group to the other (AT&T or DirecTv) and yes I realize that they are both the same company. I keep getting told that it will be resolved and no one seems to care or follow up on anything.  There is no loyalty to customers anymore.  Customer service is dead.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.5K Messages

2 years ago

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

2 years ago

@chicohuff You do not need to pay for DirectvNow but you need a free account to sign into HBO Go. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I spent most of yesterday trying to activate “free” HBO before an agent finally admitted that I needed to have a Direct TV Now account. Why would I pay for Direct TV when I don’t want or need it when I could spend less and just get HBO? I feel bamboozled. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

That’s the problem, I can’t create a free account, so far anyway. All I got yesterday after following instructions was a “select you plan” option. I tried again today and got the “Oh no! You don’t qualify...” message. I was sent a link by an AT&T rep last night but it only gave me a pay option.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.5K Messages

2 years ago

Is your number primary on th3 Account? 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

The Direct TV tech support sorted me out. It’s definitely 100% free. After all my complaining I think I bollocksed it up on my end. 😕

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Can you tell me what your error was? I am having the same issue! Maybe I am messing up on my end too!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I don't remember exactly. It was something to the effect of "this line doesn't qualify for the promotion". Again, I don't remember the exact error. I had to send this higher up the chain than the first level support at AT&T. It was eventually resolved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am extremely upset with AT&T I have spend countless hours speaking to over 12 reps including supervisor who all have said that I DO QUALIFY FOR FREE HBO,  because of the plan that I have. i have gone to directtvnow.com and checked if my cell number qualifies (mind you, I was on the line with a rep) needless to say it wouldnt go through.  The rep and supervisor swore up and down that i do qualify. They just didnt know what the problem was. Tonight a rep told me that AT&T does not have a contract with HBO since 6/27/18.  That I was out of luck! because I didnt download it sooner.  NO ONE EVER TOLD ME that I had a certain time frame to down load the promotional HBO and time was of the essence.   This is complete BULL!!! All the supervisor said "Im sorry ma'am, there's nothing i can do!!!" before I was disconnected,  I believe hung up on!!!!   I'm so freaking upset!!! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I did finally get mine. But it was a LOT of work. As you said, countless hours on the phone with multiple reps.
pclancey

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

My problem also

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Have made dozens of calls and still don’t have my promised free hbo 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 months ago

Did you try calling Direct TV tech support? I think that’s what worked for me though it’s been awhile. I got absolutely nowhere with AT&T tech support.