Get the myAT&T app
Gary L's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 2:57 PM

FREE HBO now comes with Unlimited Plus + Choice!

While AT&T only charges $5 for HBO with DirecTV Now, I think it's $15 pretty much anywhere else. But it looks as if you don't even need to have a regular DirecTV subscription to get this.

It seems pretty simple:

"AT&T Unlimited Plus customers will benefit from HBO included in their wireless plan as follows:

• If you currently subscribe to HBO through an AT&T video service – DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW or U-verse TV – HBO will now be included for no additional charge.
  • If you subscribe to an AT&T video service but not HBO, you’ll automatically receive access to the premium HBO channels as part of your wireless plan.
  • If you don’t subscribe to an AT&T video service, you can access your HBO content through the DIRECTV NOW and HBO Go apps"

See here for more details.

The biggest issue with this is you can probably have 10 people on your unlimited plan, but only 2 people can stream DirecTV Now, but the HBO Go app is probably a little more lenient on that (but it's not data free*).

And don't they look happy with free HBO?!?Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 8.50.43 AM.png

* = While all data is free on Unlimited, non-DirecTV Now data (such as HBO Go) does count towards your 22GB deprioritization limit.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L  Uh oh, what’s on the list for change now?  

New DTV pricing and the $25 DTV discount is dropping to $15.

That doesn't surprise me for DTV, but it does a little for DTV Now, so I'm not so sure what I believe.  (Not sure about HBO)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jpshaw63 wrote:

Yes. I signed up for the free HBO. 

Yes you tried or yes HBO worked or yes you are getting the $25 discount.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I signed up and watched via the Directv app.

In settings on the Dircettv app it says my package is “HBO included in AT&T Unlimited Plus”.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jpshaw63 wrote:
I signed up and watched via the Directv app.

In settings on the Dircettv app it says my package is “HBO included in AT&T Unlimited Plus”.

And the $25 discount?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

No discount. I’m not an AT&T Uverse or Directv customer.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I had to register a DirectTV Now account and I was able to get HBO through their app.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Yes. It’s free to register with DirecTV now.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

Has anyone else on the thread has this "quit working", someone (else) who's NOT a DirectTV/UVerse customer, cellular-only?

I set up my HBOGo on my Roku (plus a couple of others, all single-use), and it worked fine, for about 6 months.

Now, I can no longer log in on the "Activation Page", it says my number is "Invalid for this service".

I can, however, still log into the DirectTVNow page.  Clearly someone has mucked with and hosed the account privileges, but I'm guessing it's going to be no short "fix" call.  

I'm not even really sure which support  to start with, wireless I suppose, but I bet they immediately try to transfer me to DirectTV (which will then say I'm not their "customer", my guess...).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.