Daybreak1247's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 3:59 PM

Family Map questions

When using the AT&T Family Map app:

1. Does family member being tracked know they are being tracked?
2. Does it authorized user have to physically touch the phone of person being tracked?

Former Employee

• 

15 Messages

5 y ago

Hello @Daybreak1247, in order for the device to be tracked the phone does need to have the Family Map application installed and enabled.

If the user of the phone disables FamilyMap(Android) or, removes the Application(iPhone) the tracking will not work. So you may need to borrow the phone to make sure the application is installed.

Another thing to ensure the user is not notified when being tracked you will want to sign into Family Map. Look near the top right for "Manage Account”. After clicking that you should see an option for Notification Preferences. You can change the notifications so that the user is not sent a text message when they are being located.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

It does notifying the person child your tracking them. What is the purpose of that I was told that they don't know ur tracking them. I went through manage my acct and there is no option to not notify. Which defeats the whole purpose of the app. To make sure my son isn't where he shouldn't be etc. Is there another way that only I can get text not my son ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Hey 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.