rgpsr1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Feb 10, 2015 6:37 PM

family map app cant locate other phone on account

If someone on my account didn't want to be located on family map what steps would be necessary to avoid being located? Would turning off data and location be enough?

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

7 y ago

If they were doing it on purpose, they would have to put the phone in airplane mode or turn it off.

There are many cases of phones not working consistently with family map.

If the phone in question is an iPhone, this is no surprise, it seems least compatable with the AT&T family map program. iCloud's find my iPhone does work.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

I believe it's on purpose but they are claiming they haven't done anything but turn off data when they didn't need it... But I thought I had read or heard that they would have to actually uninstall the app? When we first got service with att and the associate at the store was helping me set everything up it located the other LG

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Sorry I accidentally posted b4 finishing..... So it located the other LG Vigor (same as mine) just fine and the first time I actually used it on my own to make sure it works it did. But since then nothing! I put the line on a schedule 3 times a day and EVERY time since it is not able to be located? I confronted them about it and they claimed "if I did something to turn it off it wasn't intententional, I only turn off the data when not using it to save data" which I personally think is not true but want to make sure b4 I start slinging accusations that may not be true?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 y ago

Hi there @rgpsr1

It’s certainly possible to intentionally prevent FamilyMap from accurating providing a location, or from being able to locate at all, however we won’t rule out the possibility of another issue causing this. The most common reasons that AT&T FamilyMap is not able to locate a phone are:

• The phone is powered off.
  • The phone's battery has run out.
  • The phone is not in AT&T coverage.
  • GPS is not activated.
  • Wi-Fi is off.

If we’re sure none of the above caused the location issue, what I would recommend would be to perform the following:

1. Log into your FamilyMap account on a computer.
  2. Select Manage Account on the upper right of the page.
  3. Select Remove a Family Member.
  4. Select Remove next to the problem line. The line is removed.
  5. Select OK.
  6. Select Add a Family Member to re-enroll the line.

This will re-provision the location feature and should allow the device to be located again.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

How can I remove myself from the family map. My ec husband was ordered to pay my cell bill but uses that to track my location, very stalkerish!
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.