Emergency Contacts & Health Apps
It is important to be prepared for emergencies. Make sure to have your emergency contact and medical info with you! Your phone is a great tool for this.
How To Add Emergency Contact Information and Medical Information For iOS devices.
- Open the Apple Health app – defaulted on the device.
- Tap on Medical ID in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Create Medical ID.
- Make sure Show When Locked is turned on (to green). Fill in as much information as is relevant to you. If you have no known allergies or aren't taking medication, it still helps to write "None" or "None known" so that medical personnel don't assume you've overlooked these fields.
- Make sure you assign at least one person as your emergency contact person. You must save that person's name and phone number in your Contacts app for the Health app to be able to include it.
- Hit Done to save.
How To Add Emergency Contact For Android devices:
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Security & Location.
- Next to "Screen lock," tap Settings.
- Tap Lock screen message.
- Type your message. Tap Save.
Medical Information for Android devices
There are many apps available for Android that are not defaulter. Click here for a full list.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService