Do Smart Phones Support Hearing Aids? Solutions from the AT&T Community
Learn what devices are Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC)
In short, many smartphones AT&T offers work with hearing aids. Below you’ll find information on how to confirm if a device you are thinking about getting, is HAC.
Please note: Some hearing aids may not work with some smart devices. We recommend confirming with the manufacturer or checking your manual
Devices like the Note20 series, Galaxy Fold series, and the S20 series have Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC). There are many other Samsung devices have HAC. Check out Samsung’s HAC page for more information.
Apple also has many devices like the iPhone 13 and 12 series that have Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC). Just like Samsung, many of Apple’s devices have HAC. Check out Apple’s HAC page for more information.
To see if one of the devices AT&T offers has HAC, visit our Device Support page. From there:
- Select the brand of the device
- Then select the device you are thinking about getting
- Scroll down to Settings and then select Accessibility.
- You’ll see the option to add a hearing aid if it is compatible
- Choosing a phone that works with hearing aids
- Accessibility Plans
- See if you qualify for an Accessibility Plan
If you are not sure or need more help, feel free to ask us a question on the AT&T Community Forums.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist