Get the myAT&T app
Nightdropbox's profile

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, June 4th, 2023 5:58 PM

Closed

Closing threads to hide the truth?

I recently posted about an issue I have. I am a new member. It seems like instead of a resolution I am bombarded with nonsense replies skirting the issue with made up information. Then all of the sudden after a "top contributor" makes a final comment to gaslight the real issue, I am locked out of the conversation and certain posts were deleted entirely. Great work hosting a forum for customer issues!!! 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

9 months ago

Is this about the SM-X808U tablet? If so, did you setup NumberSync with your cellphone?

As far as the "courts", you agreed to Binding Arbitration so that's your only legal avenue. Yes, do file a complaint with the BBB. You will get a call from a Senior Manager in the OOP (Office of the President). They have the resources and authority to resolve all kinds of issues.

• 

24 Messages

9 months ago

Yes thank you. I not only can do that. I can recreate the entire scenario in front of law enforcement/ Judges. The lies start before the arbitration agreement so.... 

I consider this thread closed. Unless At&t has a better solution and or policy changes or even compensation for my losses? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 months ago

You have no losses...  My goodness return the tablet get your money back and move on.  Att has teams of lawyers and everything is posted on the website which is what any corp uses.  You will waste more time and energy for nothing.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

9 months ago

Law enforcement has nothing to do with this as well a judge. You will have to go thru Binding Arbitration first, and if that doesn't work, then you can try to file a (Edited per community guidelines) against a multi-billion dollar company, and we both know how that will go.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of AT&T so I'm not defending them. They have lots of issues with customer support and the training of their phone support/sales. I only use them for cellular of which we have had very few issues. As far as purchasing devices from them, i would never purchase a device from a provider because it's not always as straight forward as it should be. I purchase directly from the mfr after doing my homework to make sure it will work the way I want it to.

(edited)

• 

24 Messages

9 months ago

Numbersync will not work, also not what I was told I was getting. Plus still less hotspot than promised. At&t has blocked all dialer apps except the modified phone app the tablet ships with. This blocks my number from voice calls and texts. I was told a whole tale of a different story when I agreed on the phone with At&t. I made him repeat it multiple times. I couldn't see my plan again until the service was active and I joined to get an account login. It is here I saw the truth. I was lied to long before I agreed to anything so there is all sorts of legal options for me. Thank you.

• 

24 Messages

9 months ago

Plus it will be super easy to recreate live for whomever I am sure. 

• 

24 Messages

9 months ago

What is wrong with forum, roll over? Too many lawyers? How many do I have? Do you want to live in a world of grift? If you are helping customers why doesn't this fire you up? You can easily test it, call in as a new customer and ask for what I wanted. See how long until YOU are lied to. We should be demanding change here not telling people to let it go.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

9 months ago

File a complaint with the BBB and/or the FCC.

• 

24 Messages

9 months ago

Will do, this thread is exhausted clearly.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

9 months ago

I consider this thread closed.

Done.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.