Get the myAT&T app
timbuk2okc's profile

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 12:41 PM

Can't activate Wifi Calling

I get the error message 502 Bad Gateway when trying to implement Wifi Calling on my Google Pixel 7Pro with AT&T.  I've been with AT&T forever and never been able to use Wifi Calling.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 months ago

Wi-Fi calling had to be enabled before there was a service outage/problem.    

You have to have a cellular connection somewhere in order to enable Wi-Fi calling. 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Having same problem on a Samsung S24. AT&T's outage statement said use wifi calling for now, but I'm also getting the error. Everything else on my wifi network working fine

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am having the same issue with my Google Pixel 7 Pro. Can't make or receive calls - everything else on wifi works fine. Bad gateway error when attempting to turn on wifi calling.

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue.  Google Pixel 7. Android 14.

502 BAD GATEWAY

Microsoft-Azure-Application-Gateway/v2

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Same here - Google Pixel 6 Pro

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue

3 Messages

2 months ago

There is a nationwide outage right now apparently. Hopefully they'll fix it at some point today.

I also have a Pixel 7

(edited)

1 Message

2 months ago

Same. Pixel 7 Pro.

Might be an overload on their system?

3 Messages

2 months ago

"A cellular phone service outage on Thursday hit thousands of AT&T users in the United States, disrupting calls and text messages as well as emergency services in major cities, including San Francisco.

More than 73,000 incidents were reported around 8:15 a.m. ET (1315 GMT), and the outage has been going on for at least five hours, according to data from outage tracking website Downdetector.com."

"AT&T’s network suffered widespread outages across the country Thursday morning with cellular service and internet down, according to the tracking site Downdetector. 

Some Verizon and T-Mobile customers also reported outages, though both companies said those affected had been trying to contact AT&T users."

2 Messages

2 months ago

Aware of the outage, that's why we are trying to turn on WiFi calling. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.