Get the myAT&T app
MoparMan06's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, March 12th, 2016 2:52 AM

Closed

Canadian Roaming

I’m going to be going to Canada in the summer, and was just wondering about roaming in Canada.  More specifically, why do the prepaid gophone plans (at least the $60/month one) include Canadian roaming, but none of the regular postpaid plans (i.e. any mobile share plans, no matter the price) include it? Why do I have to pay for one of the Passport plans, while someone with a cheaper gophone account can use their normal data/messages/minutes? Does anyone know if AT&T has any plans to add Canadian roaming to the mobile share plans anytime in the near future, or at least make a cheaper Canadian passport plan?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

After spending 2 days talking to the retentions department, I now have the Mexico roaming bonus.  However, I was told that since my cell phones bill on my business account, the Canada plan is not available.  I was told that the Canada bonus is only for consumers not businesses.  This makes no sense, since I spend a whole heck of a lot more that any consumer on AT&T services.

Has anyone else heard of this, or am I just getting the run-around?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I wonder about this, and I suspect it's the issue the retentions department failed to offer this to me before my brief departure/hiatus from AT&T.

I have a pseudo-business account, which is honored as an "Alumni" account from a previous employment, it was giving me a discount.

When I came back, the deal wasn't worth it to pursue it again, I didn't re-instate the it.  However, if I log into my account, it looks like I'm under the same pseudo-business (corporate) deal again, despite the fact I'm not getting a discount.  I think if I called CS, they would think I'm on a business account, but I"m not 100% sure...

Anyways, this may or may not help you, not sure.  

Maybe it would make more sense to "expense your home cell#", if you could do it, rather than have it as a business account?  It seems like this would remove the restriction completely.

It's interesting, trying to reverse-engineer these policy mechanisms, sort of ;-]

If I were a betting person, I'd sure put money on them making this the same deal as the Mexico feature, it seems like this "secret handshake" deal is a bit "odd", and maybe not something they want to have be pervasive...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Martin63

The roaming bonus is open to Mobile share value plans, the new unlimited plan and the Family share plan only.  If your line is on a business account it is not eligible.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

AWESOME!  Thank you so much!

I don't go to Canada often but I'm right by the Detroit/Windsor border and quite often I end up roaming over there when I get too close.

Gary

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Anonymous Is the the $0 cost International Roaming that you mentioned the same as Travel at Pay-per-use rate?  

Seems to me on my old family plan I could turn on the $0 cost International Roaming by myself, but all I see now is the Travel at Pay-per-use rate...

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@Anonymous Is the the $0 cost International Roaming that you mentioned the same as Travel at Pay-per-use rate?  

Seems to me on my old family plan I could turn on the $0 cost International Roaming by myself, but all I see now is the Travel at Pay-per-use rate...

I don't manage our small five (5) Mobile Share Value Plan, our oldest grandson does this, so I can't directly answer how to add that online. The best bet IMHO is to call Customer Support and have them add the $0 cost International Roaming. Perhaps someone else can answer you directly.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

Yes, the Travel at Pay-per-use rate is the $0 International Roaming feature. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@sandblaster Is that name for it in Mobile Share or is that the new name for it in all your plans now?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Gary L, I don't know about legacy plans but Travel at Pay-per-use rate is how it shows on my Mobile Share plan. 

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Mine shows up as "Mexico Roaming Bonus" and the same for Canada, when I look at "my features".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.