Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
adjusterbrett's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 16th, 2023 2:43 AM

Caller ID

I have a small biz account - four lines, and four or five iPads...  

I have changed the caller ID on the system at least a dozen times.

I have spent ENDLESS hours on the abomination known as help lines - waiting in line or waiting for a call back...

EVERY TIME I'm told it will take effect in 24-48 hrs - and it NEVER does.

So, two questions...

First - is it possible to change the caller ID (by device or system wide)?  When I signed on the dotted line I WROTE THIS INTO THE CONTRACT and everyone at the store assured me it was easy (it has been a nightmare)...

Second - I'm making payment on two phones - how do I find the balance - as after two years, this is now in violation of one of my contracts (work) and either I need to fix, or I need to close the account.  I know I have a balance - just wondering where I can find it, and pay it off so there is no issue when I pull the plug on ATT

Bonus - so I'm most certainly not going to allocate 1/2 day just to cancel the account - have every intention of being that a-hole and walking into a retail store to make (Edited per community guidelines) sure I get it taken care of.   Tired of being told its done - only to find, after investing time in the efforts to even connect with support - it failed to take affect after the stated timeframe.  Is there a better way?  

Thanx.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

11 months ago

Writing it into the contract doesn't ensure it's going to get done, it just gives you a way out of the contract.

But what are you changing the Caller ID to? Just a different name or are you trying to futz with the number displayed?

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Currently everyone shows under my LLC (by its name).     I have four LLC's and had to put under one...

Change two of the numbers to the persons name 

Change two to AdjusterBrett (I'm an insurance adjuster - so when I randomly call you with some funky LLC name - you don't take the call)...

Nothing to do with the actual phone number.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

11 months ago

@adjusterbrett Mine are all named for the individuals with the lines, either it shows up or once in a blue moon it doesn't show at all (back in the day, I remember that happening on the rare occasion on landlines too).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.