Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 8, 2021 6:51 PM

AT&T Wireless Internet Device and Service

I am a new customer, signed up for Wireless using the AWI device (NetComm IFWA-40) on a 150GB/mo plan (+50GB b/c I am a DirecTV customer). I hope it represents an improvement over my current crappy DSL.

I have been trying to integrate the device with my home network which includes ASUS RT-AX92U routers in a mesh configuration.

I have got it working (barely).  It is interfaced to the WAN port of the router with Dynamic IP, which means that Double NAT is happening.  This also means that the ASUS WAN port has a private IP (192.168.1.123), which makes port forwarding impossible.

I have searched high and low to discover if the AWI is capable of BRIDGE mode and I have come to the conclusion it is not, at least with the ATT firmware.

So my question: can I substitute my Netgear MR1100 for the AWI IFWA-40?  My Netgear M1 can be put in bridge mode.  It lacks the phone port of the AWI device, but I don't care about this - I have an OOMA TELO.  And the Netgear has a better modem vs the CAT4 of the AWI.

So it this substitution allowed on my plan?  If so, it is just a matter of swapping the SIM and setting the APN on the Netgear?  Or do I need to call or go to the store?

Thank You.

John

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.5K Messages

9 d ago

You're probably going to be better off discussing this with the internet folks.  Wireless people are more likely going to be able to talk to you about cell phones and tablets not your homes internal Wi-Fi connections

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question