Get the myAT&T app
Lily0278's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 6th, 2018 2:13 PM

At&t Secure Family

I keep getting popup saying family map is now secure family and to go to google play to get update.  I click on update, but there's no update.  Only options available are to uninstall or open app.  I click open, it goes back to ATT Family Map...get the popup to update again.  No way to bypass the popup, no update to download.  Cant use the app at all.  Very frustrated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The new app is useless, it fails all the time from location to times. The old att family map worked better. I've contacted att and the only thing I think I hear is it's your phone and crap like that  I have a iPhone 10 and a galaxy note 9. They just need to fix the app instead of just guessing what to do. Don't spend your monies on this app until resolved. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi!

I am having issues with the time limits working. Does any of the other carriers have a tool that works? I am willing to switch. I came to AT&T because of the reviews of the old app. As soon as I switched over they change it.

Regards,

hbcsc153

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can someone please tell exactly how my teen is getting past the app?  I constantly have to repair it every day...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

They're probably force stopping it and disabling it. That replaces the
updated app with the original image of the app stored in the recovery
folder.

Scholar

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Your teen is getting past it because that is how AT&T designed it.  The parental controls are useless because the kids can disable and/or remove them.  AT&T believes kids have a right to unfettered service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Not true. 1. most parents arent educated in technology like their children
are.
2. Parents typically want to be buddies with their kids.

If my child disables their GPS, spoofs their GPS or trys to socially
engineer a spoof of their GPS.. They will lose their phone, their social
privileges, driving privileges.. Etc.

Scholar

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Mine too.

But still doesn’t mean that AT&T didn’t put out a crappy product and got rid of a good one because they had some kind of insane legal concern about the privacy rights of dependents.  This app sends out constant texts to the dependent phones saying that they are being monitored.  Sorry but from a parental perspective this is ridiculous!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

Yes true...but everyone has privacy rights to a certain extent. Also the
text messages would only send notifications about every couple of months.
At least the good thing is that the app doesnt notify every time its being
used.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

Have them remove the app off of their phone if its installed on it.  Then continue to try the app on the Parent phone.  If satisfactory then everyone appears to be. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

No, the MAIN reason people are paying $10 a month for family map, now secure family, is because only the account holder can remove the tracking from the phone. All the other apps are easy to disable. However through ATT a person can stalk their wife without her knowing or her permission! Even with location services turned off it still tracks the target phone so long as that line is in account holders family plan. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.