Get the myAT&T app
Lily0278's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 6th, 2018 2:13 PM

At&t Secure Family

I keep getting popup saying family map is now secure family and to go to google play to get update.  I click on update, but there's no update.  Only options available are to uninstall or open app.  I click open, it goes back to ATT Family Map...get the popup to update again.  No way to bypass the popup, no update to download.  Cant use the app at all.  Very frustrated.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I filed a case with ATT last night that program isn't locating at all on any of my phone lines.  It was working great for the last couple of weeks!!  Hope it gets resolved ASAP!!! I worried so much when they first launched and it wasn't locating then either and took away Familymap that I got a case of shingles from the stress of not being able to locate my kids!!!We need a website as well to locate from like Familymap had.Very Disturbing when you can't locate your children and need to be sure they are safe which is the purpose of the service.We need help!!!!!
- Please type your reply above this line -##

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Please call their customer service department and file a complaint. They basically took the exact same app that Verizon is using to the letter. It will only work now if every member has the GPS turned on their phone which is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. Not everyone is tracking little 8 year old children. I have family that are older and disabilities Etc that I keep track of on a daily basis. None of us keep our GPS is turned on that is absolutely ridiculous. I am livid. If they wanted to make this new app for people that have little children that's fine, but they should have also left the option and kept the family map. I would have gladly kept paying the $10 a month to have it. Was family math you only need to have the phone turned on you do not need to have the GPS turned on and that was the Plus. This new app is worthless and everyone needs to demand to have the family map turned back on and use as an option.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I called ATT and make complain .... , and now I can not find any phone

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

WAT OMG R U SERIOUS!!! Im 100% with you on that!! THAT IS REDICULOUS I WILL CALL AND CANCEL ALL MY SERVICES IF I HAVE TO...THEY NEED TO CHANGE THIS BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It is now November 30and I still cannot log into my app. When is this going to be fixed? Also, we were told the price would be lower  but I just received a charge for the same amount  What the heck? 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Same here again, not locating, not working at all....again. this is terrible!!!  Calling to complain again right now

Scholar

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

This is a terrible app even if it were working properly.  AT&T dropped Family Maps and Smart Limits, for this abomination.  It’s as if AT&T hired the very teenagers that parents are trying to monitor, and told them to screw It up on purpose!!!!

Hopefully whoever was in charge of this has been fired as I will have to fire AT&T if they don’t bring back Smart Limits!

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

This app works great if you want to spend 15 minutes getting logged in and out to learn where your kids were yesterday.  

This app is worthless if you want to know where your kids are now.

Scholar

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

I was going to switch carriers a few years ago to get functional parental controls when AT&T came out with Smart Limits which was a very good product.  Does anyone know if another carrier has something similar?  There is no substitute for direct control through your phone carrier signal and AT&T has given that up to this idiotic “companion app” process.  (And if you want to get a laugh in the middle of this travesty read the App Store reviews on the companion app, all of which look as written by 12 year olds complaining about invasion of privacy)

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

But ATT will continue to think they have done a good job even though they admitted that they were releasing a worthless product by dropping the price. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.