Get the myAT&T app
Lily0278's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 6th, 2018 2:13 PM

At&t Secure Family

I keep getting popup saying family map is now secure family and to go to google play to get update.  I click on update, but there's no update.  Only options available are to uninstall or open app.  I click open, it goes back to ATT Family Map...get the popup to update again.  No way to bypass the popup, no update to download.  Cant use the app at all.  Very frustrated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Wigrated family maps over to family secure and it it mixed up rolls on 2 of my numbers listed.  It listed my husband's number as child and my daughters number as parent.  And since Ido not have access to everyone's phone to go in and pair them, it is not functioning.  How do I fix the first error and secondly how do I get to system working?  Useless for me to pay for a service I cannot access.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

Okay AT&T.Now is the time to redeem yourself and make this Secure Family app alot better!! I mean you might as well just left family map alone.  Until you had all the gagets fig out properly.  We are in times where we expect for software to roll out with very high expectations and to be able to navigate easily.  The Secure family needs to be able to be accessed on a desktop computer as well as the app.  And DO NOT have childish language and options within the app. We as customers are choosing to have this added feature so we should be able to have as many options as we can have available either on a desktop or an app. Make changes please asap!! Thank you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Secure Family App is horrible.  I never used the Family Map, but once the SF installed it stays in the background running constantly.  The "updating data" notification is always on, it tried to turn on location without permission, etc.  Would you guys PLEASE STOP bloatwaring your packages with useless apps that are poorly programmed for mobile use.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Yet another 'not ready for prime time' app.  

I see a number of issues here, some mentioned before this post, but this app is junk.  Unlike some other posters, I was able to upgrade the app from FamilyMap and get locations without adding the companion app to the other phones along with an accuracy number.  But the first issue is the icon showing the location is huge and not transparent like the previous app and missing the visual accuracy also provided by the previous app.  Although the icon appears to be changeable, there are no other options to choose from.  Regardless of the accuracy noted in the app, the default sizing obscures a lot of real estate unless you enlarge the map manually.  No options to change the default.

On another note, even after stopping or leaving the app, there appears to be something running in the background that posts an icon and message that says "Updating AT&T Secure Family Data".  Can't get rid of it unless you manually kill the app.  This is a bit worrisome because of the permissions we apparently can't control and I  have no idea what data and information is actually being updated.  We can turn off Contacts, Location, Phone and Storage but it's not clear what this does.  Under 'All Permissions' you can see this list of possible access, again not entirely clear but some are understandable and necessary, some not:

read your contacts

access precise location

read phone status and identity

modify or delete contents of your SD card

read the contents of your SD card

have full network access

view WiFi connections

view network connections

run at startup

connect and disconnect from WiFi

control vibration

prevent phone from sleeping

receive data from internet

Play Install Referrer API

So AT&T has lowered the price, required more apps loaded on all phones and has access to everything on those phones to view or make changes and given us an app 'in the rough', an app that needs work.  Since there have been apps available that provide the same service for free (privacy issues notwithstanding) I'm wondering what our benefits are other than getting a dollar off and giving access to everything on our phones.  Let even more junk email and messaging begin, or continue, powered by the info pilfered from our phones.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Need to add this to my last post.

It appears something having to do with the Secure Family app is running in the background even though the app is killed.   Without starting the Secure Family app I still get the message 'Updating AT&T Secure Family Data' and it's not clear how this gets displayed or started or what info is being updated.  And once displayed it remains until the app is killed again, if actually killed.

I'll be removing this app for security reasons.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I removed it as well.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Secure family has a start date of 11/28, as far as my last reading. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

ACE - Sage lizdance40
ACE - Sage
Nov 20, 2018 9:29 AM
Re: at
Secure family has a start date of 11/28, as far as my last reading.

That doesn't appear to be the case.  I HAD the app (currently uninstalled) and still have the AT&T texts that confirm the changes to Secure Family.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I am absolutely livid about this and after 25 years if they do not correct this and give me back the old family map I will be looking for a new carrier. It is now mandatory that every phone has to have their GPS turned on in order to locate them. This is ridiculous. I can get a hundred of those apps for free why would I pay for it. Family map was perfect because it located a phone as long as it was turned on. It did not require anyone's GPS to be turned on, that was the whole reason for having. Secure family is hortible. I would rather pay the $10 for the family map and be able to have it. They should have left that as an option. I am livid. Everyone needs to start calling and lodging complaints so that they can see all the negative feedback and give us back the regular family map

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

This new app is absolutely worthless. You can get the same service for free on a hundred other apps. You cannot even use it anymore unless everyone in your family has their GPS is turned on which is ridiculous. Family map was just fine because you did not need to have a GPS turned on. The phone itself just needed to be on in order to locate it. This is now a worthless app they should have left it as was or at the bare minimum left the old AT&T family map as an option for us that needed it. I don't know many people that keep their GPS on 24/7 so this is now become worthless. I am livid. I encourage everyone to call AT&T and Lodge a complaint. They either need to turn off the GPS feature as a requirement to use it or they need to bring back the Family map as an option for us that need to track phones that you're not have GPS is turned on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.