Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get the myAT&T app

AT&T related help: File a complaint

T

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 30th, 2021 3:16 AM

Closed

AT&T Internet Suite Security Problem Continues!

I have spent approximately 5 hours on and off today dealing with AT&T security suite glitch that I first discovered 90 days ago when my MacAfee subscription through AT&T stopped working. There was no clear answer as to what this all meant. After numerous phone calls talking to AT&T and MacAffee representatives and finger pointing back and forth as to which organization was to blame, making me a bouncing ball of back and forth phone calls to each organization, I have learned today that AT&T has suspended its contract with MacAfee with no clarity as to what this means to customers. Does this mean that AT&T is no longer going to provide any antiviral coverage to us through their uverse products so we should all scramble to buy our own antiviral coverage? Or will they eventually agree to a new contract with MacAffee or another antiviral vendor? The representatives do not have clarity on that issue. This leaves customers like me in limbo and disrupts personally my antiviral coverage for both my personal and business AT&T uverse accounts. This is not a good way to treat AT&T customers. The AT&T leadership needs to provide clear directives to their customers since their "suspension" of MacAfee antiviral coverage affects its customers. There does not seem to be a clear interim solution beyond calling MacAfee and asking whether they will give you 30 days or up to 90 days free coverage at their discretion per AT&T representative whom I discussed this with tonight. I already got 90 days coverage, which expires soon. But do any of us have the time to keep calling MacAfee to request at its mercy whether we can extend our free subscription every 30 or 90 days? Does this never end? Is it fair to AT&T customers that AT&T advertises an "internet security suite". but now there is NO actual antiviral coverage? Is this a way to force AT&T customers to move to fiber optics, which I understand does have antiviral coverage, albeit with a different vendor, even though some of us may not have the option to move to fiber optics currently? I am very disappointed in AT&T leadership's poor communication on these issues. This is not the way to treat your customers or keep them loyal. Transparrency and clear communication is imperative when it comes to what your organization is willing or not willing to offer anymore. And your organization needs to give your customers adequate notice to transition to a different option if you are ending any of your features. Loyalty to any organization should not be blind. At&T must earn it. I hope the leadership will start reading all the commentary regarding frustrations around this issue to develop better sensitivity to the concerns of their customers.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Unable to Install AT T Internet Security Suite

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.