For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
vipaffairs's profile

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

Sunday, November 20th, 2016 4:21 PM

AT&T Family Plan... When?

Any idea when AT&T will be competing with any kind of Family Plan?

It's well known that the BEST Family Plan is owned by T-Mobile against all the 4 major carriers...

But AT&T will be compete with this?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Not sure what you mean, all of ATT's Mobile Share plans are family plans. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

About the same time  T-Mobile can match ATT coverage.   A close up of all the pink coverage area shows most of it is 3G - medium pink.   Until T-mobile and ATT are an Apples to Apples comparison, ATT and Verizon have no reason to low ball the not quite yet competition.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

7 years ago

That's true, that's why they are offering all these perks.......

But AT&T can't be still yet, need to move as well, it's a fact that AT&T is loosing customers due to all these T-Mo promos.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@vipaffairs wrote:

Any idea when AT&T will be competing with any kind of Family Plan?

But AT&T will be compete with this?

AT&T is clearly competing against against T-Mobile. You are here, asking questions, so clearly you feel that AT&T is competitiing. 

Cost doesn't define coverage or quality of service.  Also, they hide some features in an extra $25 a month charge PER line.

I have a family plan at AT&T.

• I am not confidident that I will get the same coverage for less money.
  • I know my video won't stream the same for less money.
  • I'd really really like those international options at T-Mobile for less money.
  • But I haven't switched.

@vipaffairs wrote:

It's well known that the BEST Family Plan is owned by T-Mobile against all the 4 major carriers...

And where is it decreed that this is the BEST family plan?  Cheaper doesn't mean best.

Cheaper sometimes means way behind second place.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

7 years ago

Me neither switched, but I want to see some features that T-Mo has, and believe me, they are getting a lot of new customer with all this catches, but I will stay confident in AT&T....

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

7 years ago

I can ensure that their customer service is worthless.....ufffff....really bad and theis reps are not prepared at all.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@vipaffairs wrote:

But AT&T can't be still yet, need to move as well, it's a fact that AT&T is loosing customers due to all these T-Mo promos.

I'm sure they have people working on that... 

But again, where are you getting this analysis from?

AT&T picked up more customers than Verizon the last few quarters and when they didn't, they picked up more than T-Mobile. 

They've got almost double T-Mobile's customers, not a big worry. 

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/how-verizon-at-t-t-mobile-sprint-and-more-stacked-up-q3-2016-top-7-carriers

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/how-verizon-at-t-t-mobile-sprint-and-more-stacked-up-q2-2016-top-7-carriers

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

I am constantly watching my bottom line, so T-Mobile always is on the radar.  They have the nicest store personel in the sketchiest part of town.  Their CEO is a smart guy.  Always looking for a way to bring in new business.  

They dumped contracts 4 years ago and cut out the most risky part of the business, the equipment.  

This has also allowed them to expand their once very modest network.  So the potential is there for T-mo to take on ATT and Verizon in the future.   Just not on a large scale, not yet. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I am constantly watching my bottom line, so T-Mobile always is on the radar.  They have the nicest store personel in the sketchiest part of town.

But how are the customer support forums?!?  🙂

Nice staff is great (I was nice coverage), but I basically hope to never see staff.  I don't think I've needed to be in an AT&T store except to trade in a phone or add lines (and if I hadn't needed a SIM, I'd not needed that trip). 

I'm tempted occasionally to see what they are like...

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@vipaffairs@  wrote:

Me neither switched, but I want to see some features that T-Mo has, and believe me, they are getting a lot of new customer with all this catches, but I will stay confident in AT&T....

Some of the features they are missing are an extra $25 per line. That adds up quick, it might make it cheaper for a few of the people on my plan, but it would cost me more than I'm currently paying. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.