Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
Childs2014's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jan 16, 2018 2:51 PM

att family map accuracy issue

I have had Family map for 7 years and has worked great and been very accurrate. All of a sudden since July 2017, Family Map only locates my Galaxy S6 active and S8plus phones to the nearest cell tower. I have all of the correct settings on for location.  It used to have pinpoint accuracy, so much so that we once found my husbands phone when it fell out of his pocket on a trip, but obviously ATT has changed something.  Can you help?

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.8K Messages

3 y ago

Hello @Childs2014 Welcome to the Forums! 

Were those devices indoors or outdoors when you tried locating them? Do they have the AT&T Family Map app installed? Since they're both android phones, they might need an app and a permission for the app to access location services, and of course the location services enables on the phone in general.

I hope it helps.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

@ATTDmitriyCM We have had the phones both inside and outside when trying to use the app.  We have always had samsung android phones and have never had this problem in the past.  This randomly changed over the summer around July and prior to that the app was very accurate on the same phones.  Yes both phones have the app installed.  Yes both phones have location turned on and the app can use location access as well. 

Get started...

Ask a new question