For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Summer00's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 6th, 2017 3:39 AM

Anonymous call rejection

Can someone let me know if att offers that or maybe it's called something else?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

ATT has Call Protect.  It filters known and suspected spam and telemarketers

It's free on postpaid plan for iPhones and branded android

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Call protect does not work for me.

I have a Spammer that calls me multiple times per day, and leaves no message. I don't pick up the call, because I have the number saved in my contacts as Mr. Spammer.

I added Mr. Spammer to Call Protect.

He called me back the next day anyway. 

Call Protect did not block the call.

FAIL

Im soooo frustrated that ATT can do nothing to stop calls to my phone, even if I block the number, even if I use Call Protect, Even if I am on the Do Not Call List, and Even after I have reported the number to the DoNot Call List

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

I use Hiya for Android

Works perfect for me.  Usually your contact list is whitelisted and will never be blocked.  So make sure the number isn't in your contacts.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

The contact Mr. Spammer in my Contact List is BLOCKED

AND I added Mr. Spammers numbers to ATT Call Protect

if there is a whitelist somewhere, please advise how to access it and make sure Mr. Spammer is not on it.

thanks for the ideas

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This Call Protect thing accomplishes very little.  How can you offer Anonymous Call Rejection on Landlines, but not on Cellular?  I get dozens of anonymous calls each day, and it's very frustrating.  Call protect accomplishes NOTHING towards blocking these calls.  I could get a new AT&T number at how ever much $$, but a simple fix on your end could probably rectify the situation. 

Thanks, AT&T... for nothing.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

I would try to delete the spammer number from regular contacts since that may override Call Protect action. Also I would double-check Call Protect to make the spammer number isn't just added but also set to blocked. If so, boom! Call Protect drops the hammer on the spammer with fast-busy tones. No ring, no voicemail, no nothing for the shyster. 

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

The app used to work for me on my iPhone 6 but since I upgraded to the X, it stopped working. Mr. Number app seems to be working for me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Recently, my home received a spammer harassment. That person uses anonymous call. This morning, my mom received the call and ask him don't call anymore. That guy kept calling even answer machine is on.  Finally, I told him I record what he said and he is harassing my family.  During the phone call he kept using "F" word.  He has my address and home number, ATT, please teach me what should I do besides block the anonymous? Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The only thing that works for me is to use the ATT Call Protect AppI get 18 spam calls per day sometimes. One of the callers will ring my phone 8 times in a row at 7 am, less than one minute apart. But now that I added them to the Call Protect block list, my phone does not ring when they call anymore.
I had to call ATT several times after installing the app, because a lot of calls still got through, the caller keeps spoofing different numbers. ATT did something to block more calls. Now legitimate calls get blocked also. Ive had a few people tell me by text that calling my phone does not work. 
I found those calls in the Call Protect app and unblocked them.
At this point my ATT voice phone is pretty useless for incoming voice, because I have to keep my ringer off all the time. I get spam calls every day, that I add to the call protect app. My blocked list has almost 100 numbers in it.
I tried notifying the National Do Not call registry, but that does not work.
I maintain a huge list of phone numbers under a phone book entry titled Mr. Spammer. It also has almost 100 numbers, and the list grows every day, with numbers that Call Protect misses.
So, Call Protect, plus call ATT and have them do whatever they do to upgrade how calls get blocked.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Download the AT&T Call Protect app. Next time he calls, go to the app,
click on his number and select Manual Block. His call won't come through
any longer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.