What is happening with 3G?
flipjr's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 7:58 PM

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Hi All,

I just toggled airplane mode on my iphone 5 and I'm now on the MicroCell.  Looks like the update is rolling out.

Good luck.

Scholar

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

Rep I spoke with said it is a known problem, relates to the nano sim not be recognized, and that Apple and the Microcell manufacturer are work on the fix - and that they had no estimate of when an update would be available.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

you need to reset the microcell...should be on the back of your device which you can access with a safety pin. Allow 15 min for the microcell to reconfigure and you should be good to go.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

And the answer is:   NO. The 3G Microcell is incompatible with the iPhone 5 right now.

There is an incompatibility between the 3G Microcell and the iPhone 5. This is a known problem and it was discovered yesterday. According to AT&T 3G Microcell support once the underlying issue is discovered it will either require a firmware update to the Microcell or it will be a fix pushed by Apple. (They're still figuring it out.)

So, we'll all have to hold our horses for a few days till this is fixed.

Scholar

• 

33 Messages

12 years ago

Count me in too. Great work AT&T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

My new 5 doesn't connect to Microcell, wife's 4 stil connects fine.  Tried network resets and resetting the Microcell - still no joy.  So I guss I just wait.  Off to ATT tomorrow for a new SIM

Dave

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Yes,

My Son got it work by accident.  His phone complained about no sim card.  He reseated it and it worked.  I popped the sim out of mine and AT&T M-Cell showed up on mine as well as the wife's.  Give it a shot.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

dubz2045 is correct. I first went into the manage microcell page in my account and deleted the numbers that I had just upgraded to iphone 5's. I then re-added these numbers to the microcell approved numbers list. Next unplug your microcell for 30 seconds and then plug it back in and let it completely reboot. After the reboot turn off your iphone 5 and turn it back on. You should have a microcell signal then, at least I do. Just rebooting the microcell might work on its own but I cannot confirm this because I deleted the numbers online before I tried rebooting. Hope this helps everyone.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Finally mine is working. I had to deactivate and activate again for the new software upgrade and once that completed my iPhone 5 connected fine.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

When you say deactivate, do you mean completely disconnect the device in manage settings area?

i tried turning the Micro Cell off and rebooting then turning the IPhone off and on and no success.   I also tried toggling the airplane mode like the other poster and also no luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.