Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
P

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 29, 2020 1:58 PM

what is web address to update phone numbers for the AT&T Microcell.

I've tried the 'Go to AT&T MicroCell Online Management.' as suggested online.   It takes me to a page to select which phone number i want to work on.  but then just redirects me to same page over and over.  

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

a month ago

I'm going to move this to the MicroCell page. There has been some discussions there but basically the link is broken and I haven't been able to get any information from AT&T about when they expect to get it fixed or if they are even going to fix it. I have a couple of steps that have worked in the past to get to your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page. It may or may not work.

Do keep in mind that the MicroCell service will be discontinued in about a year from now as AT&T is beginning to transition away from their 3G network. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T and us recommend now if your phone is capable.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@OttoPylot that’s disappointing as WiFi calling does not work in rural areas such as Falls of Rough, KY. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

WiFi-C is dependent on your internet connection but uses your WiFi to reach the AT&T Mobility servers. If you have a post paid AT&T cellular account and a phone that is capable of WiFi-C on AT&T's network, WiFi-C may work for you.

To use the MicroCell, you need to have a post paid AT&T celluar account and a land based internet service (DSL, cable, or fiber). Satellite or wireless broadband is not supported by AT&T because the MicroCell was not designed for those types of internet service. You might also have a location issue if you are living in a rural area because the GPS location may not match the physical address in the locational database. Route numbers, road address, p.o. box addresses etc usually don't work. The GPS confirmation of your location is an FCC E911 requirement.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77K Messages

@pcecil

IIf the MicroCell works, so will wifi calling.  All you need is a compatible phone and to turn the feature on.  IPhone 6 or newer are compatible. AT&T Android phones running marshmallow or newer operating system are also compatible. Most of the basic phones that AT&T sells now are also Wi-Fi calling compatible. This is a free feature built into these phones, all you have to do is turn the feature on and sign up with your e911 address.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Observer

• 

2 Messages

@OttoPylot Would you mind telling us what the steps are that have worked for you in the past?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

@joshuaprince It's in my other Settings post on this page but here it is again:

1. go to att.com

2. login to your myAT&T account

3. under the search  menu "I'm looking for...." type in Microcell and you should see Microcell Management from the drop down menu. If you search for Microcell Management directly you may hit a brick wall

4. select Microcell Management

5. you should see AT&T Microcell Settings as an option so click on that

6. select Personal Account. You may have to back out and try that again a couple of times. It took me two tries

7. pick the phone number that your MicroCell is registered to. It should have the MicroCell's serial number associated with it.

8. click Continue and you should see your settings

The last time I checked this, which was last week, it didn't work so you may or may not have luck. I just received some more information from AT&T this morning and as soon as I am told I can post it I will, so check back later on.

Observer

• 

2 Messages

Are you able to relay the information AT&T told you? I've been trying what you suggested with absolutely no luck.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

It's funny you should post today. I just re-connected my DPH-154 because I wanted to check something (we've been using WiFi-C for almost 3 years now). Using Safari (Firefox didn't work), I logged into my AT&T account from the main page. Searched for Microcell Maintenance and clicked on Microcell Settings. It took me, with a couple of redirects to the main MicroCell page. I clicked on Personal and was taken to myMicroCell Settings. Everything looked ok (my MicroCell was still listed as Activated), including my current address which is what I wanted to check. Clicked on Save just to make sure (nothing happened), and Quit. I'm just waiting to connect (solid green 3G) and then I'll check my phone to make a few tests.

You might want to try and clear all cookies and caches from whichever browser you are using.

AT&T has, and is looking into the issue. At first they said there was nothing wrong but they were checking the MicroCell page internally. I suggested they try an external approach and the problem was apparent. They are working on it but as I have been saying, the MicroCell is not a priority item anymore so they will take their time. The other problem is that some of the folks who were assigned to the MicroCell (database, IT, etc) have been reassigned now due to CV-19 and the ultimate demise of the MicroCell service.

NOTE: It's been about 30 minutes since I first accessed my myMicroCell Settings page and connected the MicroCell to the router and power. All lights are solid green. I disabled WiFi-C on my iPhone 8 Plus and the AT&T M-Cell alpha tag immediately appeared with full cellular signal strength bars and full WiFi signal bars. WiFi is still enabled as it should be. The MicroCell is setup upstairs, connected to the mesh satellite (which is hard wired to the router downstairs).

Get started...

Ask a new question