What is happening with 3G?
K

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 9th, 2020 2:42 AM

Serial Number not valid for Cisco DPH-154 ATT MicroCell

I purchased what was marketed as a new MicroCell through Amazon. When trying to register it, the ATT system indicated the Serial Number for my unit was not valid. I spent an hour on the phone with ATT. They came to the same conclusion. Although their system had issues they eventually were able to get to the point of entering the serial number - it wouldn't accept it. They tried entering another Microcell serial number and the system accepted it (they didn't complete the registration process with the wrong number.

Ever heard of this? Is it possible that the number is not valid? Is it possible for ATT to enter my serial number in their system so that it recognizes it? Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

What you probably purchased was a MicroCell that one, was not deactivated by the original owner or two, was a MicroCell that had never been entered into the AT&T system as valid.

There was a poster a few months ago who claimed to have purchased quite a few MicroCells from an "estate sale" from Cisco that had never been entered into the system. I have my doubts about that but if real, then there is nothing you can do because all MicroCells from Cisco that have been approved for use by AT&T should have been entered into the system. If not, oh well.

Sales of the MicroCell by AT&T were discontinued at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell had reached its EOL. The service itself will be discontinued in about a year as AT&T begins to transition away from their 3G network. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T and us recommend now.

I'd ask for a refund from whomever you purchased it from because there is probably nothing you or AT&T can do. It is a doorstop.

• 

2 Messages

Thanks OttoPylot, appreciate the reply.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

@OttoPylot with the online access being so difficult, I really wish At&t were notifying M-cell users to stop using the units and transition to wifi calling asap.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

@lizdance40 I've been trying for a couple of years to have AT&T send out texts to all currently registered MicroCell users notifying them of the twilight date but it is falling on deaf ears. My feeling is that they are just going to let it die on the vine with Support saying the MicroCell is no longer supported and users need to upgrade to WiFi-C or find some other means to improve in-home coverage.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

Thats not very customer friendly.  ☹️    
You have certainly done more than your fair share.    

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

I agree. But then again there is very little about AT&T that is customer friendly. Take this forum for example....

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.