Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
karsoncookie's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Oct 19, 2014 9:59 PM

Selling Microcell ? Deeactivating?

Hi all !!  I would like to sell my Microcell DPH153-AT.

But I need to make sure it will be able to work for new owner.

I stopped using it a year ago.Had medical issues and moved to rural non ATT serviced area.

Bills stacked up and they cancelled my account due to owing past due balance.

(By the way, I got it free because was in very fringe area.)

Is the Microcell automatically deactivated at this point?(ready for new user?)

OR - do I need to call ATT and, if I do -- Will they be like "You still owe us $300 on your closed delinquent account you bum, so NO, we will not deactivate it so you can sell it you SOB)

(Dramatacized to make my point)

Thank you, Lars

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

16K Messages

7 y ago

@karsoncookie wrote:

I really need to be sure new owner has no trouble. Would be Ebay sale. Fooling around w return, an overall hassle.    Lars

According to AT&T, and this is unofficial, they can't really recommend re-selling their equipment even if the customer purchased it. Keep in mind that the registration of the MicroCell is also tied to the serial number of the unit and even if your account got canceled by AT&T for non-payment, that serial number may still be associated with an account somehow. All you can really do is call support give them your old cellular number, have them look up the account information and see if there is any indication that a MicroCell is associated with it. Conversely, if you could find someone (a neighbor, friend, family member, etc) who has an active post-paid AT&T cellular account, you could try to register it and see what happens. If it does register, you can quickly de-register it, wait a couple weeks to clear the system and then sell it.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

16K Messages

7 y ago

The MicroCell account is not automatically deactivated. The account holder, you, has to go to your myATT account page and deactivate it. Only you can access your account so deactivating it that way insures to AT&T that the actual account holder is deactivating it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Otto - Thank you for your help.

BTW, I have read your Manual and attempted to get this answered reading various posts here an other sites.

OK - IF - --  I can find my olddd login info, will the account still be accesssible even if closed as I explained??

Then - will it permit me "deactivation" with the past due balance? 

Thank you again, Lars the Bum       Appreciate any help

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

16K Messages

7 y ago

Hmmm, canceling  your AT&T account may have deactivated the MicroCell, especially if you don't use the same mobile number on AT&T, I would think so but don't know for sure. I'd give support a call and ask if they can tell whether you MicroCell has been deactivated so you can sell it to someone else. I would think you still should be able to login but this is an interesting question. If you want, I can ask the Admins as a hypothetical and see what they have to say.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Otto-  Yes, please ask.    We have not had any cell phone over a year now since we were shutoff by ATT.  Did not "Port" the phone # or anything. Live in the sticks- basically no cell service in our area.

Thank you again, Lars

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

I really need to be sure new owner has no trouble. Would be Ebay sale. Fooling around w return, an overall hassle.    Lars

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

16K Messages

7 y ago

Ok. Lemme check. I think you're ok if AT&T canceled your account but I'll find out.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Otto - Thank you for your help!   Lars

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.