For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
G

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 11th, 2020 2:05 PM

Red light on at top of black M Cell

I have the black M Cell and the Red bars on top are flashing. I was away at my second home for a month and came back to this. I have unplugged 4 times and reset  twice to no avail. What are my other options? 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

A solid or flashing red 3G light on the black MicroCell indicates that your location was not verified. Did you setup your MicroCell at your second home by any chance?

What kind of internet service do you have (DSL, cable, or fiber)?

Did you just reset it or did you perform a hard reset following the instructions in my Tech Guide?

Check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

This is the only M Cell I have so no confusion on location. I also checked the M Cell app and the location is correct and the same as it was a month ago. 

I have Spectrum Cable as my ISP. 

I did attempt a hard reset but not 100% sure how to do it. What i did was:

unplugged power and cable

waited 30 secs

pushed in resent button

plugged in power 

plugged in cable

waited 30 secs

released reset button

Result: red 3G bars. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

That's the correct procedure for a hard reset.

I'm assuming that the power, GPS, and ethernet lights are all a solid green?

Check the ac adapter and check that your router sees the MicroCell's MAC address.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes all three other lights are solid green. I have an Orbi mesh router which the M Cell is connected directly to and the router app is seeing the m cell

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

Did you check the ac adapter with a voltmeter?

I setup my DPH-154 (black model) about a month ago after it had been sitting in its box for almost 3 years. Normally we use WiFi-C exclusively. I did this to check on some issues for another poster. From out of the box to a fully functional MicroCell took about 30 minutes. Mine is also connected to a Orbi mesh router satellite. The satellite is hard wired to the router downstairs. Comcast is our ISP.

You can connect the MicroCell directly to the modem, bypassing the router, and see if you get connectivity. That rules out any issues with the router. If you still can't connect, even after a hard reset, then the MicroCell itself could be failing.

It's also possible that Spectrum (Charter) could be having port issues upstream. There is a long history of issues with Spectrum and the MicroCell.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Tried connecting to the modem directly with a full reset and it never got past the network flashing (2nd from bottom). Power is fine from adaptor. 

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

10th time is a charm. Just reconnected to the Orbi and it’s now working. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Gregg429 Either the Orbi was not seeing it (I use an Orbi Mesh WiFi as well), Spectrum was doing something on their end, or the MicroCell is starting to fail. Let's hope is stays up and running but you are on borrowed time as far as the MicroCell service goes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.