Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
J

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 12, 2021 12:59 PM

reactivate 3G microcell

We were having trouble with our microcell, so I deactivated it on our account.  I went to reactivate it and select the phone # that it is linked to.  When I do this the AT&T page just keeps reloading and telling me to pick a # again.  How can I reset the microcell to my account to turn it back on?  

Thanks!

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

2 m ago

The issue with the myAT&T MicroCell Settings page has been ongoing for almost a year now. I've reported on it numerous times. The customer-side link is broken (resulting in multiple redirects) until it timesouts. AT&T has no interest in getting it fixed because one, the MicroCell service will be shutdown by next Feb. it not sooner, and two, resources for the MicroCell have been moved to other projects and keeping the MicroCell service up and running is just not a priority on a product that AT&T hasn't sold since the end of 2017 and will be soon mothballed. Support may be able to get to the settings page internally but there's no guarantee that they can fix it or keep it fixed. AT&T could also not be allowing MicroCells to be registered and activated on their system anymore.

WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what is recommended now to improve poor in-home coverage. Other than that, your only other options are to purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line) or switch to a carrier with better coverage in your area.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question