What is happening with 3G?
Kwopau's profile

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

Monday, August 23rd, 2010 10:14 PM

Closed

Question about Microcell!

Sorry if this was asked before, anyways here is my question.

Okay as for the Microcell technology, Say I have the microcell installed at my house, I know that microcell enhances the signal to your iphone, but does it also enchance signals to other iphone users nearby? Same with the opposite. Say i don't have the microcell but one of the neighbors does, so does the signal only enchance their phone, or does it also enchance nearby like mine?

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

Microcells will power a home.  It does however depend on the location the building of the home and the strength of your Wifi signal.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@David4749 - you just responded to a 5 year old post, I don't think a MicroCell can "power a home", and they have nothing to do with WiFi. Smiley Frustrated

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

@OttoPylot my mistake,not sure how it got on my forum top.  As far as the home I was meaning I have a mcell and I can go everywhere in my home and still get signal from the mcell. 

If you dont have a strong home wifi then the mcell will not help you at all. 

Anyways sorry for the 5 year old post!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@David4749 - WiFi has absolutley nothing to do with the MicroCell because the MicroCell is a femtocell which broadcasts a celluar 3G signal that your phone connects to. It uses your wired internet connection to reach the AT&T Mobility Servers. If you have a WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) capable phone then you don't need the MicroCell at all and can use your WiFi connection to receive/make calls.

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

@OttoPylotThank you so very much for helping with my wording!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.