Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 15, 2019 7:48 PM

Question about MicroCell and iPhone 8

I have a new iPhone 8.  AT&T activated the WiFi calling on it, however, when I am at home, it connects to my MicroCell.  I was going to remove it from the authorized numbers on the MicroCell, but someone said I can't (shouldn't) remove my number because it is the primary number on the MC.  Is this correct?  If so, can I make another number (my extra Moto G7) the primary number and then remove the iPhone 8 number??

Thanks in advance for any help..

Jim H

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.3K Messages

3 months ago

@Tampatexan - if you registered/activated the MicroCell with the iPhone 8 number then you can't remove that number as it is considered the primary number (the one associated with the cellular account holder) without deactivating the MicroCell.  If you don't need the MicroCell for any other non-WiFi-C capable phones, then just disable (power off the MicroCell). If you do need the MicroCell for other phones, then you can place your iPhone 8 in Airplane Mode, which disables the cellular radio so the phone can only connect to your WiFi connection or continue to use the MicroCell and disable WiFi-C on the iPhone 8. There is no way to program the phone to selectively use your WiFi connection at home and ignore the MicroCell. The phone will connect to which ever technology has the strongest signal.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

That solved my problem!!  Thank you OttoPylot..   

Jim

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.3K Messages

3 months ago

You're welcome.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.