Phone number to speak to someone about microcell today

Phone number to speak to someone about microcell today

Responses

Avedis53

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

Knowing AT&T customer service as well as we do, you are probably better off to detail your problem on this forum and let us ACEs try to help you instead.  Seriously.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 years ago

@slsinc - please keep your posts to one post as it makes it easier for us to help you and for others to Search similar issues. So, pick a post as we'll (Avedis53 and myself) try to help you. Do keep in mind that the MicroCell has been discontinued so you're best off to use WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone(s) are capable of that.

I agree with @Avedis53 about calling Support. All they are going to do is try to get you to switch to WiFi-C.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

We are new customers to ATT cellular for the past 2 weeks. my 95 yr old mother is getting such bad reception that she can't hear us or visa versa, and she is five hours away from us. We're trying to contact someone who could help us get a different phone for her that would have better reception, even if we have to purchase a new cell phone for her. Any ideas? All numbers and stores that I call are unanswered or call does not go through. I understand some of the impact of the virus and retails locations being closed, but I thought there should be SOME support for this problem. Previous calls to Tech Support have not remedied the problem (despite them being very nice and trying very hard.) It seems that we have to acquire a newer cell phone to see if that will make it possible to communicate with her and her to the "outside world".

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

38K Messages

@ballwinson You have posted on a 2 year old thread and your question is unrelated to the original subject. Start your own thread and provide as much specific information about what phone she has and reception issues as possible. Her not being able to hear you may not have anything to do with reception. Best to start your own thread, though.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

@ballwinson If this is a question about using a MicroCell for poor in-home coverage the basics are this: she needs a land-based internet connection (DSL, cable, or fiber) and a post paid AT&T cellular account. The bad news is that AT&T stopped selling them at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell had reached its EOL. The service itself will remain active until AT&T begins to transition away from their 3G network, probably sometime around Feb. 2017. You can still find MicroCells on eBay but there are caveats to purchasing a used MicroCell. That information is given in my Tech Guide, link is in my sig line.

What AT&T and us recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if her phone is capable. However, she will still need an interet service for WiFi and a post paid AT&T cellular plan, unless AT&T has changed the requirements.

Other than that the only other options are to purchase a cellular booster, which can be costly, or to switch carriers.

Forgot to add that AT&T Phone Support is bascially clueless about the MicroCell. That's why I wrote my Tech Guide years ago.

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.3K Messages

@ballwinson
I doubt there's anything wrong with your mom's phone. It is far more likely that AT&T doesn't cover her and is the wrong carrier.
I don't know what carrier you were with previously, but if that carrier worked for her, then you need to switch her back.

You indicate you have been with AT&T 2 weeks, this means you're most likely are past the 14 day return. And AT&T will not take her phone back if you purchased a new one.
If you did but a phone from AT&T, what make and model is it? If it is an iPhone you can pay it off online, unlock it and she can use it on Verizon or T-Mobile.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.