Microcell

How to Deactivate dph-154 microcell

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

You need to go to your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page as the "owner" of the MicroCell and deactivate it from there. However, the page has been seriously broken for months now and fixing it is not a priority item for AT&T because the service will be deactivated no later than Feb. 2022 once AT&T re-purposes its 3G network.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

I do not have an at&t account anymore, i never even unboxed the microcell and did not know they were sending it when they did. It has been sitting on a shelf in the box unopened since I got it. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.1K Messages

a month ago

If you never activated it, then there is nothing to deactivate.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

That is what I thought, but the person who wants it says ATT told him it was tied to someone, don’t think he even talked to the.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

@Totahiti2 As mentioned above, in theory, if you never opened the box then it has not been registered/activated. They can't be activated until a connection is made thru your ISP, even it was originally AT&T. That being said, it is possible that AT&T registered your post paid AT&T account (phone number) to the serial number of the MicroCell being as you were an AT&T customer at the time and they were sending you a free MicroCell. In that case, no, you can't register/activate the MicroCell without going thru the steps I mentioned above. And, being as you no longer have an AT&T account, it is nothing more than a nice doorstop.

rjniles

Scholar

• 

174 Messages

a month ago

Otto, many years ago when I got my first Mcell from an AT&T store, they registered it for me. All I had to was take it home and connect it up. 30 minutes later it was in service.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

@rjniles All of mine (purchased and sent to me by AT&T) were not registered (as far as I remember) so I had to go thru the process. It's not surprising that there are some inconsistencies in what AT&T chose to do with MicroCell's sent to customers for free due to poor in-home coverage or purchased at a corporate store. In that case, being as the MicroCel was "pre-registered" it would be difficult to deactivate the MicroCell from the phone number/account used, especially if one does not have a current account or were the original owner. That is further complicated now that MicroCell Support is pretty much non-existent and the folks who are still there have no clue as to how to deactivate a MicroCell under those circumstances.

Get started...

Ask a new question