Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
M

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 19, 2020 4:55 PM

Microcell tower

i need help activating my micro cell tower?? 

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.5K Messages

2 months ago

@marissavarga141 I'm going to move this to the MicroCell Forum page where it belongs.

We need more information..

Did your MicroCell ever work for you before or have you just purchased it from eBay, Craigslist, etc?

Are you able to access your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page?

What does the light pattern look like on the front of the MicroCell and which model is it?

What kind of internet service do you have?

We'll start with those questions. FYI, the MicroCell reached its EOL at the end of 2017 and the service itself will be discontinued in about a year or so from now once AT&T begins to shutdown their 3G network. What is recommended by AT&T and us is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I bought it off Ebay, No i cant get into the my atat microcell tower settings pages. There are three lights that are solid and then the one on the top is blinking. we have comcast for internet

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.5K Messages

2 months ago

@marissavarga141  There are lots of issues right now with accessing your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page. It is possible but it may take a few tries. I was able to access mine about 2 weeks ago to check my address.

I haven't used my MicroCell for a couple of years but I thought I'd set it up to show activity before the service is discontinued. Comcast is our ISP as well and it took about 30 minutes to get my MicroCell up and running for testing purposes. We us WiFi-C exclusively and not the MicroCell normally. I currently setup my DPH-154 (the black model) but the DPH-153 (white model) works as well.

If you purchased it off of eBay there is no way of telling if the original owner properly deactivated it or not. That's the major problem for purchasing used MicroCells. If not properly deactivated, you won't be able to register/activate it even if you can get into your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page.

It would be helpful to know which model, white or black you have because the order of the LED lights is different. And it would also be helpful to know what color, red or green the LED is flashing.

You can try to check the ac adapter with a voltmeter to see if it reads 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load to make sure that the adapter is still delivering adequate power.

You really need to consider switching to WiFi-C if your phone is capable because even if you can get to your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page and successfully register/activate it, the service will be discontinued within a year or so, and until then, support will get less and less "supportive" other than trying to get you to switch to WiFi-C.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question