Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Apr 1, 2020 2:06 PM

Microcell tower

Every night around 8:00 pm our microcell tower goes down and we lose cell phone service. No matter how many times I try to reboot, cannot get it to reconnect until the next morning. Wondering if it is about to Totally quit working ?

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 months ago

It could be your ISP doing maintenance. AT&T would do occassional maintenance on the MicroCell but it was usually timed for the middle of the night so as to not interrupt service. Maintenance usually consisted of location verification and updates if any were available. I don't think AT&T has done any MicroCell maintenace for a long time because the MicroCell reached its EOL at the end of 2017 and there haven't been any updates in a long time. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T and us recommend now because the MicroCell service itself will be discontinued as soon as AT&T begins to transition away from their 3G network, probably around Feb. 2021 or sooner.

What kind of internet connection do you have and who is your ISP? If the outage is regluar as you indicate, then something is interferring with your MicroCell's ability to reach the AT&T Mobility Servers.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.