Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
W

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 9:33 PM

Microcell stopped working

have had two microcells in my home for several years.  Suddenly this week they seemed to go offline and the lights are flashing versus being solid.  unplugging and replugging didn't do anything.  My wi-fi is fine.  Did something happen in the Microcell support area?

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

WiFi has nothing to do with the MicroCell. We need a bit more information on how they are setup, models (and the light pattern/color of the LEDs), who your ISP is, was your modem/router/gateway recently updated, etc.

Do keep in mind that the MicroCell service will be discontinued no later than Feb. 2022, or earlier, once AT&T re-purposes their 3G network so I'd start planning now. WiFi-C is what AT&T and us recommend now if your phone is capable. The MicroCell reached its EOL at the end of 2017. Support for the MicroCell, which was always questionable to begin with, is now even worse because resources are being allocated elsewhere in AT&T due to the impending shutdown of service.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question