Uniquely for you. Order the new Google Pixel 6, now!
SallyShears's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Mon, Aug 11, 2014 12:10 PM

MicroCell -- Flashing 3G, No connection

Problem appeared last week on a microcell that had been working OK. 3G light is flashing green, no connection. No changes here that I know of. Internet is Fairpoint DSL in NH.

Looks like the same problem as in this thread -- seemed there that the problem went away without explanation. 

I have been through all the Tier-1 actions and Chat support with no success.

Crux of the matter seems to be:  How can I verify that ports 4500 and 500 are open from my site to AT&T?  I have unix shell access here (Mac OS) and I'm pretty tech savvy.

Avedis53

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 y ago

Since your Mcell worked previously, I would doubt that Fairpoint arbitrarily closed any ports on you.  Certainly wouldn't hurt to call Fairpoint and ask though.

You say you've tried the suggestions of the support people.  Did that include a hard reset of the Mcell as opposed to power cycling the unit?

As a side note, please post your problem under just one thread.  Posting the same issue under multiple threads makes it difficult for us to track and respond to your problem.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

7 y ago

Agreed. I just saw this post and got confused becasue I thought I'd already responded (as well as answered a PM).

I just posted this in another thread but Fairpoint apparently had an outage around the end of July early August that affected users in the NH, VT, and ME areas. It's possible that they are still dealing with localized problems associated with the outage.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 y ago

Resolution:

- See other thread (linked above) for more.

- Without any action I know of, the problem went away.

Yes, it's Fairpoint. Yes, they had a serious DNS problem at the end of July. My problem started after that.

Thanks again for all the help and info.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.