Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 24, 2020 7:39 PM

MicroCell: emergency alerts not working when connected

Hi! 

We have poor cell coverage in our house and got a MicroCell a few years ago to help. Although we have emergency notifications enabled on our phones in settings, when there was a tsunami alert the other day, I did not receive it until I stepped outside the house to walk the dog and left the zone of M-cell coverage. My husband, who remained in the house, never got the message. This has happened before and we are fairly sure the connection to the MicroCell is the problem- although we do not receive alerts often, it is very important to us that these kinds of alerts come through. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks. 

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

2 months ago

It's hard to say what the reason is. We've never had any issues with emergency notifications when we had it enabled on our iPhones and were still using the MicroCell. The MicroCell service itself will be discontinued in a year or so from now as AT&T begins to shutdown their 3G service. If it is an issue with the MicroCell service, that is now a low priority item for AT&T so it may or may not get the attention that it needs. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T and us recommend now if your phone is capable so I would start planning now on upgrading if you can. Official support for the MicroCell will get considerably worse from this point on for the reason I just gave.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question