• 

10 Messages

Sun, Mar 22, 2020 2:07 AM

Microcell (DPH -154)- Network issue - flashing green light.

I need the Microcell to get wireless here. Without it - nothing. It worked great but we have to install a new router for the server. Now the Microcell's (DPH-15) made by Cicsco) Network light is blinking all the time, no matter what I've done. The IT tech came and did all the hard resets, etc. We followed eveything as outlined in the manual regarding ports and settings. No joy. I have disconnected and re-connected the device manually and on-line. I tried to decativate but it is still active on the microcell page. It is in the same location when it worked fine. I work remotley and use my cell for business and when people call they just get a weird beep beep beep and nothing. It's causing chaos. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

2 months ago

Is the 3G light flashing green or red? If you lost connectivity after the new router was installed then it could be a default setting on the router that is causing issues. If that's the case then you'll have to work with the router mfr becuase there is nothing that AT&T can do. You indicated that an IT Tech came out so is this a business connection? If so, it could be a firewall setting by your IT department that is blocking the MicroCell from reaching the AT&T Mobility servers.

If you actually deactivated the MicroCell and then reactiviated shortly there after you could cause an issue where there are two conflicting commands which confuses the servers. It's alwasy best to wait a few hours or ideally a day before reactivating after deactivating.

Try a hard reset following the instructions in my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line).

Do keep in mind that the MicroCell reached its EOL at the end of 2017 so AT&T does not sell them anymore. Support and service will probably last thru this year but as soon as AT&T begins to transition away from their 3G network, around Feb. or so 2021, the service itself will be discontinued. What AT&T and us recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable. Start planning now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SPEEDY REPLY

The Network light is flashing green.

I only deactivated it once and saw that, as stated, it was showing that it was still active. I did not touch it. So today I went to the My ATT site and signed in - it weirdly went straight to activate a micocell asking for S/N... Before I had to sign in and choose not one of these devices then choose the Cisco booster... So I compleetd all the steps to Review Your Device Set Up Information see below

Review your new MicroCell device and approved user list information below and select Submit to complete your online activation.

Device InformationEdit

Carefully review your MicroCell device information listed below.

Then I hit submit and it says it will take 90 minutes to complete.

That's my update... Please say a prayer!

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

🥺 90 minutes later I get ths on my home page sign in:

Wireless / Manage Microcell

Manage AT&T MicroCell® Settings

FTC101: MicroCell was unable to connect to the AT&T network through your broadband connection. Please power cycle your modem, router and the 3G MicroCell (Unplug the power adapter from the wall outlet, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in). If the 3G light on the Microcell does not turn solid green after 30 minutes, please change your MicroCell configuration to the Alternate Connection (if applicable). To view this configuration, refer to page 17 in your 3G MicroCell User Manual. Wait 30 minutes for the 3G light to turn solid green. If problem persists, visit http://www.att.com/MicroCell-Help for advanced troubleshooting steps or call AT&T Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500.

Your MicroCell Settings Information

Update your MicroCell device information, device location and device approved user list. If you make any changes, be sure to click 'Save'.

MicroCell Device: 74547D-0028599899, MicroCell

Your MicroCell Device Information

Update your device nickname and primary user e-mail address below. You can also add a new MicroCell device to your account, swap devices or disconnect your current MicroCell device.

So any suggestions?

• 

10 Messages

OttoPylot - Know that I am trying to give informaation to help you hopefully help me. The message referred to the "Alternate Connection" on page 17 of the 3G Microcell User Manual. So I googled that and up came the manual I have been using for "ATT Microcell User Guide". In tha guide on page 2 (right after Contents) it has an image of the Cisco DPH-154. On page 17 the "Alternate Connection" is not there. Then I see on google, there is another guide called AT&T 3G MicroCell User Manual but it has the obsolete Microcell image DPH 151/153 (orange and white) So why is the notification referring to the wrong manual for the wrong obsolete Microcell - is the connectiojn problem due to it trying to connect to the wrong device?

Thanks for your time in trying to help me...

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

Sorry you inidcate to: "Try a hard reset following the instructions in my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line".

• I apologize but I can't find your sig line...

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.1K Messages

Please refer to the original post from ottopylot on AT&T forum. Below his signature line are letters in blue that are links to the guide

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

@qt2159 Follow what @lizdance40 said. It's in my signature line. Basically the alternate method is connecting your modem directly to the MicroCell, bypassing the router. If that works, then it's an issue with your router. Howver, this only works if you have a separate router and modem. If you have a gateway (router/modem combo) you can't do that.

A flashing green 3G usually means that the connection is lost between the MicroCell and the AT&T servers. It can also mean a hardware failure or an update that failed.

The official MicroCell Guides that AT&T offers are pretty much useless for a lot of things. That's why I created my MicroCell Technical Guide with a lot of help from AT&T (unofficial ;-)), other users, and lots of digging around.

What kind of internet service do you have (DSL, cable, or fiber) and with whom?

• 

10 Messages

Thank you for your patience and taking the time to try and help me fix this issue. I read your guide (very impresive, thorough and helpful). I did the hard reset as suggested and now the network light is not flashing; it went dark. No light at all. The power button is now flashing red and the other lights are solid. Your thoughts? My internet provider is Spectrum DSL ...

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

If the power light is flashing red either the ac adapter has, or is failing, or the MicroCell itself has failed. If that's the case you're out of luck because they can not be repaired. What color are the other lights?

Check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If it doesn't, then replace it with a new adapter of the same rating and see if that corrects the issue. It could be as simple as the adapter not providing enough power to the unit itself or the radios. The adapter needs to have at least 16VDC when not connected (no load) to the MicroCell because once it is connected, the power draw will lower the output but it should still be able to provide the minimum 12VDC listed on the adpater. If the adapter tests at 12VDC for example, with no load, then once load is applied the ouput will drop well below the 12VDC.

You really need to consider switching to WiFi-C if your phone is capable because the MicroCell is on borrowed time, and AT&T will not be providing an alternative.

• 

10 Messages

HI there - Thank you for youe reply. The delay is not caused because it' slike (Edited per community guidelines) here. I have phone and computer using WIFI adn mesaging is not going through.. It goes along and then it gets hung up. Even for a simple "yes" reply but I try agian adn agian it evenrtullay ges through...

So back to this... I unplugged it and I am back to flashing network. So i jet trying to sign into ATT microscell page with cell number and password and got bad action over adn over again. Banged my head on top of th desk and went to bed. This morning - I get this

myAT&T Account | Support AT&T Globe

MicroCell online activation submitted

Dear ELIZABETH LATSHAW ,

RE: Wireless Number # 3106005100

Thank you! You have completed the MicroCell online activation steps. Please make sure your MicroCell is physically connected to your broadband internet and allow up to 90 minutes for your MicroCell to fully activate. You'll receive a text message and email notification when your MicroCell is ready to make calls.

Follow the progress of your MicroCell activation. Please click on the appropriate links below (Personal or Business). Then, login to access Manage MicroCell Settings and click on the "Check Activation Progress" link.

Personal Account

Business Account

MicroCell Device Summary

Device Serial Number 74547D-0028599899

Device Nickname MicroCell

Primary User E-mail [email scrubbed]

Address 681 BROOKTREE RD

City, State, Zip Code SANTA MONICA CA 90402

Approved User List Numbers

Thank you for choosing AT&T for your wireless communication needs. We value your business and look forward to serving you!

Sincerely,

AT&T

AT&T Microcell Help

AT&T Microcell Help - support is available 24/7.

Go Mobile!

Activate and Manage your MicroCell settings from your iPhone. Download the free MicroCell iPhone app at the Apple App Store. Data rates apply.

Contact Us

AT&T Support - quick & easy support is available 24/7.

Find us on Facebook Talk to us on twitter Join the AT&T Community Forums

Moving Soon?

Stay connected with AT&T. Visit us online at att.com/move.

Online Information

AT&T Community

Repair

Wireless

AT&T Device Tutorials

Network Coverage

AT&T Online Services

Save time with AT&T Online Services

Paperless BillingLearn about myAT&T

Update your email address Protect yourself from fraudulent emails Contact Us

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

All replies are automatically deleted. For questions regarding this message, refer to the contact information listed above.

©2020 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.

Privacy Policy

Legal Policy Center

XPRA_C003EH

So I DC on the personal linnk and it says that my micorcell is in "activation progress:. Hopeful I check the progress link but it looks like it never started. So each day it is new consequential events. I am thining of buying another booster just to make this end - any suggestiosn?

Thanks in advace.

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

Just checked a fewhorus later - the same

Your MicroCell Device Information

Update your device nickname and primary user e-mail address below. You can also add a new MicroCell device to your account, swap devices or disconnect your current MicroCell device.

Device Serial Number: 74547D-0028599899

Device Status: Device Status Description:

Activation Pending: Online registration successfully completed and activation is pending completion.

Activation in Progress: Activation is in progress and can take up to 1 hour.

Just signed in again and got : "The functionality that you have requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

The functionality that you have requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

My favoite so far is checking the support page and it saying that they are having problens so to try later... You are my only hope right now - does that make you feel: a) special b) uncomfortable c) realize how desperate I am or d) puzzled or e) all the above...

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

@qt2159 The MicroCell has nothing at all to do with WiFi. It broadcasts a 3G signal. If you are having trouble with WiFi from your phone and/or computer, then that's an issue with your router and/or your ISP. The MicroCell requires a steady, jitter-free internet connection. So if your ISP or connected equipment (router, modem, gateway) is having issues, so will the MicroCell.

Are you using the mobile app to access your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page or are you using a web browser? Do not use the mobile app because it has not worked correctly for years.

The MicroCell is not a booster. If you are interested in cellular boosters, refer to my Cellular Booster Guide, the link is in my sig line.

You don't need to post your MicroCell details from your messages with support. It is not necessary and is something you shoudn't be doing anyway. AT&T MicroCell Support has always been sub-optimal at best. But now with shelter-in-place requirements, and most companies working off of skeleton crews, support is going to be even slower, or non-existent.

Did you try the alternate connection method and have you checked your ac adapter with a voltmeter?

Explain your setup, connected equipment, type of internet service and with whom.

• 

10 Messages

I am soory if I miscommunciated the above refer to cellular. All the information is regarding the current Microcell status. In the three most recent messages that is explained and copies of what was shown on the screen have been copied and pasted for reference. Having reviewed teh thread, I do not see any reference to wifi - it's all about the micocell and its cuurent status - everchanging.

Before I conatcted you I tried your alternate mehthod in your manual. It os now directly connected to the ethernet jack down to the router.

Plug was checked and is fine.

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

@qt2159 What was the voltage reading on the ac adapter with no load. It needs to be 16VDC with no load. If it's less, you could devleop issues.

So the alternate method, bypassing the router, didn't work as well. If that's the case, then it's not a router configurtion and possibly your ISP (a blocked port, failing upstream switch, etc).

A flashing green 3G light can mean no connectivity to the AT&T Mobility Servers, a failed update, or a hardware failure, and I assume that the power, GPS, and ethernet lights are solid green?

Are you using the mobile app to login to your account or are you using a web browser?

Who is your ISP?

• 

10 Messages

HI- Let me get back with the information you requested. I didn't do the testing so I will get out my meter and find out.....

Also I read your guide on cell boosters, femtocells and picocells and I thank you as it was very informative.

On my iPhone X I have one bar of cell signal outside so I wanted to run your test.

You wrote:

Apple:
This used to be fairly simple prior to iOS 11. All one had to do was

type *3001#12345#* on the phone’s keypad and the Field Test Mode (FTM) would appear and you could see dBm RSRP signal measurements where the signal bars used to be. You could even toggle between RSRP dBm and bars or make the dBm measure “permanent” (which could easily be reversed back to the bars)...

No dBm on bars as I am running on my iPhone 10 a later version 13.31.

So this i what I got - a lot of infromation from the main memo heading:

Device Info

LTE

UMTS

GSM

So where can I find the signal strength and signal quaity measurments which I believe are to be foudn under RSRP and SINR?

Also since when I am oustide I only have one bar (cell signal) sicne my Microcell stopped functioning so shoudl I I consider purchasing a femtocell or picocell and if so which one? Please its; been 2 weeks of very angry peopel who cannot reach me as I use my cell for my business and we are under "stay in place" here in California.... So I can't go make my business calls in a coffee shop as that is not allowed.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

@qt2159 Unfortunately, I haven't updated the Tech Guide for quite some time to reflect the newer iPhones. Just don't have the time and the MicroCell will in all likelyhood but nothing more than a doorstop by this time next year anyway. I have an iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 13.4 so I don't know if that even works anymore or what information is displayed.

Your iPhone should have WiFi enabled (not WiFi Calling) and WiFi Assist disabled (if that's still an option. I haven't checked the newer iOS's) to use the MicroCell exclusively. Otherwise, WiFi and WiFi-C should be enabled if you don't want to use the MicroCell.

The signal strength won't help you much anyway with the MicroCell because you already know that you have a weak cellular signal. As far as a cellular booster goes, if you can get a consistent 2 bars then a cellular booster will probably work for you. You might want to contact one of the companies listed in my Cellular Booster Guide for more current information on how to check signal strength to see if a booster might work well for you.

You're still confused a bit. The MicroCell is a femtocell, not a cellular booster. There aren't any other femtocells that I am aware of that work on AT&T's network. They are actually going the way of the dinosaur. You either need to switch exclusively to WiFi-C, contact one of the celluar booster companies mentioned and discuss it with them, or switch to a carrier that offers better in-home coverage.

Keep in mind that whether you are using a MicroCell (femtocell) or a cellular booster, that only covers a certain area in and possibly around your property. Once you leave your property (driveway) the connection becomes unreliable and eventually loses connectivity altogether.

Let's try this one more time....

1. Please explain your setup in a little more detail. What is connected to what?

2. What kind of equipment do you have (router, modem, or gateway)?

3. Who is your ISP and are you using ISP-supplied equipment?

4. Any recent updates to any of your equipment?

5. Where do you live (no address please, just is it residential, rural, country road, apartment building/condo, etc)?

6. What was the voltage reading of the ac adapter with no load?