Microcell doesn't improve reception
We received a free AT&T micro-cell about two years ago from the AT&T store in New Braunfels, TX. We live near the city limits, which would be considered out in the sticks. And have always had bad cell phone reception. The micro-cell has not helped any since we initially set it up and we have a few hot spots in our house with decent reception but mostly it's cell phone dropped calls in most of the house. It's gotten to the point where I was prepping to reset the micro-cell and start from scratch. Because it's gotten worse lately; especially since my wife and I are able to work from home a lot more lately. There's not much worse speaking to someone from your work's compliance area and loosing the call and conversation. I was disappointed to read in another post that AT&T may be doing away with the micro-cells by the end of 2018. So I have a few questions:
1) should I even bother to trying to reset it and start from scratch?
2) we use WiFi calling also and it hasn't helped with reception even though we have a strong WiFi signal in our house from our AT&T router/modem for Direct TV & uVerse
3) should we get a WiFi-booster that AT&T has for roughly $39 and will that help?
4) should we move back to the city (San Antonio) which we are considering doing anyways because of the commute and traffic jams during rush hours?
5) seriously, the micro-cell reset is my main concern and I'd like to get that fixed and running correctly if I can
Can anyone offer any help on resetting the micro-cell and is it even worth trying? Or should we try to resolve our reception issues using WiFi calls even though we've tried that and it hasn't seemed to help?