Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Jul 30, 2017 12:44 AM

microcell causing router to lose wifi signal

I had an issue where my wifi went out, ATT tech came and found no issues with router or wiring. For the heck of it, he was going change out the router and when he unplugger the ethernet cable, wifi came back up. Plugged micro cell ethernet cable back in, no wifi.

Ive used this micro cell for years (white one) with no problems. Ive tried re-booting it, nothing seems to work. Anybody ever had a similar issue?

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

3 years ago

@swatkin wrote:
Yes the new adapter was 16.3 VDC. Everything work fine now

Thanks for confirming that.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Yes!! If I try to do wifi calling when the mcell is connected, the calls don't go through. Even when I have disconnected the mcell and am using wifi, I have to dial at least once, wait over a minute to hear a ring on the other end, and then the call gets dropped with a call failed. If I dial right back, the call immediately goes through. It's like the phone doesn't know whether to use wifi, mcell, or 4G

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

@tahoejohnson

You should not use WiFi-C and be connected to the MicroCell at the same time. Depending on your proximity to the MicroCell, the phone may not know which signal is strongest and which one to connect to, the MicroCell's 3G signal or your WiFi signal. Your options are to either power off the MicroCell and use WiFi-C, or place your phone in Airplane Mode to disable its cellular radio so the only connection it can make for calls is WiFi-C. Some phones can handle this transition better than others. This is not a default with the MicroCell, it's a competing signal issue.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…