• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 9:23 PM

MicroCell - ATT

I'm having trouble with calls (ATT) on our iPhones. They keep breaking up and static. I saw some of your responses about the MicroCell - being discountinued. You recommended a cellular booster. I couldn't find your recommendations. Please send me your link or any info you have.

Thank you.

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

2 months ago

Click on the Cellular Booster Guide in my sig line. It's a primer for cellular boosters and will be a good place to start.

That being said, you can check the ac adapter with a voltmeter to see if it is reading 16VDC +/-0.5 with no load. It could be a failing adapter not delivering enough power to the radios. However, without knowing which MicroCell you have, what the light pattern indicates, and who your ISP is it could be any number of issues.

Breaking up and static can be an indicator of excessive jitter on your line and only your ISP can fix that. Your internet service can be fine but your line can (Edited per community guidelines) for VoIP.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.