Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
M

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Jun 5, 2020 12:15 AM

Microcell and management Webpage issues

I got an text message from ATT signing "Error 102, The registered address does not match hte actual device location" and hte 5 bar Icon on my micro cell is red. I did a reset, unplug wait 30s and plug in and then it is fully functional again. Next day the same thing, text message from Att restee all good. I went to login into the Web managment page and I get a redirect loop and can never get to the managment page. Oh and the microcell hasn't moved in years so I don't understand why this is happening. Is the microcell web managment even functional anymore?

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

a month ago

Are you using the mobile app because it hasn’t worked correctly for a long time.

Accessing your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page has been difficult. Lots of redirects. I have to go thru the main AT&T login website and painfully migrate to the MicreCell.

The red flashing 3G light indicates that your location has not been verified.

Which model of MicroCell do you have and have you checked the ac adapter with a voltmeter? It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load.

Do keep in mind that the MicroCell is no more. Service will last until AT&T shuts down their 3G network. WiFi-C is what we recommend now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

I'm not using the mobile for that reason, only the web access. I haven't checked hte powwr adapter only because the microcell works fine until ATT text me that they verify the location. I have a new black version that I can move over to, but not unless I can access the management and activation tool. After three laptops, three browsers all of which fail in a similar way to many redirects or I get the Opps ATT service page.

I do understand it is no more, but I'm trying to milk it for as long as I can.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

There is no "new" black MicroCell (DPH-154). That is the last iteration of the MicroCell which was discontinued at the end of 2017.

What is your location (don't post your actual addres). Are you a rural address, po box, route, etc.?

Do check the adapter.

There are issues with accessing the myAT&T MicroCell Settings Page that I'm workng on

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

Agreed, a new to me but used black MicroCell (DPH-154). I'm in the San Francisco Bay area with a city route. I'll verify the adapter.

Will you be posting here once the access to the AT&T MicroCell Settings Page is fixed?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.4K Messages

I wouldn't hold your breath on a fix. AT&T employees have barely known what the MicroCell was even when AT&T still supported it. It is running on fumes, and AT&T is really pushing Wi-Fi calling.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@matinski I'm assuming a "city route" is a regular street address. Are you in an apartment building?

If you had a working MicroCell and all of a sudden the 3G light began flashing red with the address error message, then it sounds like a periodic maintenance check was performed and for some reason it couldn't verify the physical location of the MicroCell. That's why I suggested checking the ac adapter first. If it is beginning to fail, it might not be providing enough or consistent power to the radios, specifically the GPS radio. I would make sure that the white MicroCell model is borked before attempting to setup the used DPH-154. There can be issues with used MicroCell as well (damaged, not deactiveated from the original account, etc). Let us know.

As far as your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page, try to migrate to it from the main AT&T login page. I did that the other day and after a few redirects (no errors) I was ablt to get to the Residential or Business Account MicroCell page and from there to my settings page. AT&T is quiet on what is going on with accessing the settings page because it is either a very low priority item or they are starting to discourage folks from accessing it because they don't want any new 3G accouts setup on a service that will probably be gone a year from now.

I would seriously consider moving on to WiFi-C, but that may require a new phone depending on what kind of phone you currently have.

• 

7 Messages

@OttoPylot I'm in a house. The used used DPH-154 was operational and confirmed deactivated from the orignal account. I checked my current Microcell power adapter and it is 16.8VDC. I'll retry the management again later today.

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@matinski Ok, your physical address should be ok, especially if the MicroCell worked before and it's not in the country or a brand new housing division.

The ac adapter checks out ok so it's not that.

You also might want to try a hard reset if you haven't done so already following the insructions given in my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line).

What kind of internet service do you have?

• 

7 Messages

@OttoPylot I thought that I did a hard reset, but I didn't have explicit directions. I'll review your instructions and do a hard reset.

I have Xfinity at 200MB using their provided modem with a Orbi RB50 router in between. A few months ago I had changed my internet service from ATT UVerse due unreliable service.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

Thought I replied back but I guess not. I too have Comcast but I use a Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 modem in addition to the Orbi RBR50 system. The satellite is hardwired to the router. I did setup their plugin satellite as well in a upstairs room to increase the reliability a bit because the signal goes thru some HVAC equipment. Works great and with a few settings tweaks at the suggestion of Netgear performance throughtout the house and property is excellent.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I used to manage my micro cell at https://www.att.com/att/microcell/

As others observed, after logon and several redirects one ends up with an error. Does anyone know of a working URL. I need to urgently connect a family in self-isolation.

Thank you, Jochen

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@jdmeissner The direct login is broken. The only way I've been able to get to the myAT&T MicroCell Settings page is to go thru the AT&T.com site, login to my AT&T account and then migrate (with a few redirects noted) to the MicroCell page that displays Personal or Business Accounts, click on Personal, and follow the links.

That being said, you cannot add another phone number to the Approved Users list unless that phone is within range of the MicroCell so that the phone can register the MicroCell as being part of its cellular neighborhood.

The MicroCell service will probably be discontinued within a year or so so AT&T is reluctant to prioritize any issues with the MicroCell and/or the settings page to a service that they will soon no longer offer. WiFi-C is what AT&T and us recommend now if your phone is capable.

• 

7 Messages

Well I manage to figure out how to repeatedly get to the management page and seemly avoid the redirect loop. I tried using Private browsing so each new window had a clean cache, and after my second attmept I got in. I've been 3 for 3 so far. So then I tried the activation link to see if I could activate my second Black version and no luck with that link.

I started this post due to a text message from ATT signing "Error 102, The registered address does not match the actual device location" I have since hard reset the device and able to get to the management page and verify the device location and resave the settings. I hope that this resolves "102 error" I'm less concerned about my second microcell, but I'm going to keep trying.

Hopefully the Private browsing trick works for others as well.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@matinski That has worked for some so I'm glad you got in. I just talked to someone in AT&T and they are having difficulty finding anyone who is knoweldgeable enough to address the activation page issue. The feeling is that the "team" is being dismantled due to CV-19 staffing and the eventual shutdown of the MicroCell service. We are still about a year away from the sunset date for the MicroCell but I fear that the service is going to slowly degrade long before then with MicroCell Support being more clueless than they have been in the past.

• 

3 Messages

@matinski Thank you for the suggestion, but the private browsing did not work for me using Chrome. One of my friends can use wifi calling, so the immediate crisis has been resolved. I also found in an AT&T FAQ that you can text commands to the micro cell. Of course your phone has to be directly connected for that to work. The format is: Add/remove 10digitphone 6235 (MCEL), i.e. "Add 1112223333 6235". As @OttoPylot pointed out, the added phone needs to be close by as well so it can connect, Thank you both for your help.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@jdmeissner There are no "commands" that can be texted to the MicroCell other than adding/removing numbers, and that hasn't worked correctly for years.

• 

3 Messages

Oh well, why am I not surprised? Thank you @OttoPylot

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@jdmeissner You're welcome. The MicroCell was a good idea when first introduced around 2010 but that was a long time ago. Even then, there were issues that Support couldn't answer, and that's why I wrote my MicroCell Technical Guide to fill in those large gaps in support. I then expanded that to Cellular Boosters. Both of which can be found in the links in my sig line.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Having a similar problem.  Moved my microcell to a new apartment.  Can't log into the management website, in the online chat they are saying they are having issues with activation as well.  How do you get into the management page after you're already logged in?  I've tried and have no luck with different browsers, private mode etc.  I go to support, wireless, network and hotspots, att microcell, manage your microcell, then go under update microcell settings.  Can you give the steps you take to get there?

Also, wifi calling is definitely not a great solution because I have iffy service that will still connect sometimes, and it does not always default to wifi.  My biggest problem is people cannot hear me sometimes during telecons.  I can turn off mobile completely but then it is annoying to have to remember to turn it back on every time I leave my place.  

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@rwmj5 If you are going to use WiFi-C within range of the MicroCell then you should disable (power off the MicroCell) because the phone will always attempt to connect to the strongest signal (the MicroCell's 3G signal or your WiFi signal) and call quality issues may, and probably will occur. If you need to keep the MicroCell on for other non-WiFi-C phones, then you can place your phone in Airplane Mode to disable its cellular radio so it can only connect to your WiFi signal.

Apartment complexes are difficult especially if the physical address is the same for everyone with just unit or apartment numbers for the addresses. And, just changing the physical location to another apartment building can mess with the GPS coordinates so that the address cannot be confirmed. And then there's potential interference due to building materials etc. Apartments can be tough for the MicrCell.

Depending on your phone some handle WiFi-C better than others but I would try WiFi-C with the MicroCell powered off because that's really what you are going to need to use going forward for poor in-home coverage. Leave WiFi enabled and enable WiFi-C as well. They are not the same thing.

Let me see if I can get to my myAT&T Settings page. I was able to the other day when I checked for someone but I had to take a circuitous route to get there because a direct access doesn't work now. If there is an issue with the linkage (too many redirects etc) it could be broken and being as the MicroCell is very low on the priority scale, getting it fixed is going to take a long time. With the MicroCell service being discontinued within a year or so from now, resources are probably being diverted elsewhere.

If I can get in to myAT&T MicroCell Settings page I'll post the steps.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@rwmj5 I started another thread for accessing the settings page.

• 

7 Messages

@rwmj5 After you log into your account go to this link to directly hit the management page. This is the link that is the "personal" button on the webpage. www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?target=FOAMM

I've been using this and have determined that the private browsing doesn't improve the success. I've also determined that once you get to the management page, any changes you make, aren't saved. I tried updating my email address without success after 3 tries. This is after over 45 minutes of hitting the link above. Also the activation link available on this page also fails.

So if you move, your screwed, If your microcell dies and isn't fixed with OttoPylot's hard reset instructions, your screwed. Fortunately for me the hard reset likely fixed my issue. However there is a small, really small chance that the management page save actually worked when I saved without any changes. 

Good Luck

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@matinski I just tried the link and it returned:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

This is the "rabbit hole" that AT&T is doing now to discourage users from accessing their myAT&T MicroCell Settings page. Whether it is intentional or not is hard to tell at this point in time.

Performing a hard reset just corrects any "gremlins" that may be in the MicroCell unit itself. It doesn't really do anything to the Settings page. A hard reset can't hurt anything, and if you are able to access your Settings page after that, it's probably more to good luck than the hard resest.

I've got a couple of emails in to some folks at AT&T so we'll see what they have to say. My feeling is that the folks who are responsible for the MicroCell upkeep and mainteance are no longer there and have moved on being as the MicroCell is now very low on priority scale and they are just going to let it die a slow death. The number of active MicroCell users is small compared to the overall subscriber base so any customers lost because of the MicroCell will not affect the bottom line.

I'll keep after AT&T on this and will update if I can get any reliable info out of them, or am allowed to make a public post about what is coming.

Get started...

Ask a new question